- Jones lampshading his Hypocritical Heartwarming treatment of Ramirez in one side-quest in Case 7, after having snapped at a suspect who insulted Ramirez for mishandling some much-needed information (which Jones himself has criticized Ramirez for previously).
Jones: (chagrined) I can't believe I just took Ramirez's defense. Oh, stop laughing, (player's name)!
- Jones' reaction to the elderly Lydia Holly's crush on him during a side-quest in Case 8, where you and he have to repair and return a set of binoculars that she accidentally dropped. Your character is implied to have asked (jokingly) if Jones intends to ask her out.
Jones: (with a horrified expression)
WHAT?! Of course not, I don't wanna ask her out! Come on, she's at least 130 years old! (scowling)
No, that was NOT funny. Just...Never mind, let's go.
- Jones' reaction, in Case 11, to your having found several critical clues in the sewers while managing to stay dry on the sewer walkways, while he himself went sewer-water-diving and found nothing.
Jones: What the...?! You're telling me that I dived into the sewers and found NOTHING, while you stay nice and dry and find all this?! Huh... (sullenly) Well, er, excellent work, (player's name)!
- In that same case, Ramirez mistakenly calls Marconi "Linguini" and "Tortellini". Marconi gets so angry at this that he spits out his gum by accident.
- In episode 13, where you have Alex analyze a disarmed bomb.
Alex: No wonder your bomb didn't blow up. It was meant NOT to! Your bomber's playing with you. If you had tried to disarm the bomb... well, let's just say you guys wouldn't be in much better shape than Harry [the victim who was blown to pieces].
- Later in that case when there's another bomb on the loose.
Jones:(happy face) Well done, (Rank) (PlayerName), you found the bomb. <beat, face changes to horrified> HOLY SH*T, YOU FOUND A BOMB!
- The beginning of episode 16
Jones: I don't care if some maniac comes after us with a chainsaw. We aren't doing anything until we finish our hotdogs!
Victim: (falling) AAAAAAAAAAAH!- [SPLAT!]
- At the beginning of Case 20, you get a package sent to you, to Jones' excitement.
Jones: Did you just hear that, [Player Name]?! People are sending us thank you gifts! I think I'm going to enjoy that! Open it! Open it!... Oh dear God! This has nothing to do with a gift! THIS IS A FINGER!
- [Later, while interviewing Jezabela, a dominatrix]
Jezabela: As for the necklace, it's quite obviousley not mine.
Jones: Come on! "Property of Jezabela" is written on it, clear as day!
Jezabela: Which means it belongs to my devoted vassal, Cherry Doll. SHE is my property, not the leash!
- For a case full of Nightmare Fuel, Case 26 has some rather funny moments in it.
- At the outset, you and Jones find the Necronomicon at the murder scene. Jones' reaction on witnessing the book's admittedly creepy design?
Jones: KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
- Later in the case, you and Jones get hold of one of the infamous Arkham Books, the Book of the Dead, which then proceeds to insult Jones. Yes, folks, Jones got insulted by a book .
Jones: So, what was the message hidden on the cover? ....."Screw you"!?!
- Much later in the case, you and Jones happen upon a clearly sleep-deprived Ramirez.
Ramirez: A zombie?! Where?! Where?!
Jones: Ehm, nowhere, Ramirez, we were just joking!
- In Case 28, Ramirez plays a prank on Jones while you and the latter are investigating a supposed Haunted House.
Jones: (clearly frightened) A gho...gho...ghost!
Ramirez: Ha-ha-ha, you should have seen your face, Jones! (player's name) didn't even blink, they're braver than you!
Jones: Very mature.
- At the end of Case 37, Jones decides to get into the spirit of geekdom by cosplaying. Unfortunately for him, he decides to wear a Wonder Woman-esque costume, for some reason thinking it's a man's costume. Despite all the snide comments he receives from his peers, he doesn't get it until he's flat out told he's wearing a woman's costume.
- In case 39, Mikhail Levin has escaped from prison. How did he do it? By dressing up as a cheerleader to get past the security cameras. The game even shows a picture of him in costume and calls him "Miss Mikhail Levin."
- It's both hilarious and satisfying when you arrest Alden Greene again in the final case. When you arrested him for the first time, he looks angry◊ and it looks like he's shouting something like Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!/Money!. But then he's been freed for no apparent reason other than (possibly) aforementioned "connections" and/or money. So once you arrest him again, it's very satisfying to see his desperate look◊ which looks like he fully realizes his connections and money won't help him escape anymore this time.