Funny: Captain Underpants
- This exchange after Deputy Dangerous is turned into Deputy Doo-Doo:
Deputy Doo-Doo: Man, this hill is steep! I'm so tired!Danger Dog: Are you pooped?Deputy Doo-Doo: Why, yes, I'm... hey! Shut up!Danger Dog: Aw, don't be a party pooper!Deputy Doo-Doo: I said SHUT UP!Danger Dog: When we get home, will you read me "Winnie the Pooh?"Deputy Doo-Doo: I'LL KEEEEEL YOU!
- One of the warnings before a flip-o-rama suggests that if you find this chapter too disturbing, you should run to your nearest shoe store and order a cheeseburger. Later:
Captain Underpants: I was in the shoe store ordering a cheeseburger.
- Another chapter ends with George and Harold saying they have to catch Mr. Krupp before he turns into Captain Underpants, but then the next chapter begins with said Captain running down the hall crying jubilantly about underwear. The look on George and Harold's faces are PRICELESS. Appropriately enough, the chapter in question was named "It's Too Late".
- "B-b-b-bubba-bobba-hob-hobba-hobba-wah-wah." The only thing Mr. Krupp is able to say when he learns he's getting married.
- Then, when it's about to happen, Ms. Ribble suddenly opts out because of how silly his nose looks. Their noses look identical.
- Returns in book 11 when Mr. Krupp sees the faculty running around in their underwear, creating havoc in the halls.
- Shrunken down George and Harold, while stuck in tar, pick a real bad time to use Buffy Speak.
WE'RE GONNA GET STEAM ROLLER THINGY-ED TO DEATH!
- P.E.T.T: People for the Ethnical Treatment of Toilets. In fact, all of the disclaimers before the Flip-O-Rama in each book.
- From the intro comic to The Sensational Saga of Sir Stinks-a-Lot:
One day George and Harold had a really BIG problem. So they
stoleborrowed a time machine.
- The copyright page for the first book has a hidden gem: a small box that says "Sturgeon General's Warning: Some material in this book might be considered offensive by people who don't wear underwear." Capped off by a drawing of a fish with a cap and medal next to it!