Advertising: Trix Rabbit
"Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids."General Mills' cereal Trix is known for its fruity taste. It is also known for its commercial campaigns, which involve the cereal mascot, the Trix Rabbit, in his myriad schemes to get his hands on the titular Trix cereal from a couple of kids. He always fails, because "Trix are for kids!" It's become sort of a Running Gag.One of the most notable of the cereal commercials and one that usually comes to people's minds whenever the topic is being brought up.
— The kids in every single commercial.
- Adjacent to This Complete Breakfast: Because it's a cereal commercial, of course this trope pops up in some of them.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Some of the Rabbit's disguises fall into this category.
- Butt Rabbit: Undeniably.
- Catch Phrase/Phrase Catcher: "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids."
- Cereal Vice Reward
- Failure Is the Only Option: For the rabbit.
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: One commercial had multiple disguised rabbits aboard a train, one of them who is THE rabbit, who steals all the Trix aboard. A second commercial reveals it's the rabbit disguised as the ticket lady, but then who were all the other rabbits that look just like him?
- Kids Are Cruel
- Paper-Thin Disguise
- Team Rocket Wins: Sometimes the rabbit actually managed to get the Trix cereal.
- Most notably, a vote was held among kids (supposedly) as to whether the rabbit should be given the Trix. He won, but it was specified that it was only for one time.Judge 1: The kids voted, "YES!"
Judge 2: Just this once.
- In an older commercial, he manages to eat a spoonful of Trix, his disguise is ruined, and this happens.Kid: Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids!
Rabbit: And sometimes for tricky rabbits!
- Most notably, a vote was held among kids (supposedly) as to whether the rabbit should be given the Trix. He won, but it was specified that it was only for one time.