That's not even all of the Future Crew
"Existence is separated into three common virtues: God, Man and Beast. The Gods sit atop their thrones, watching the men tame the beasts. Shall the beasts rebel and become men and men become God and God becomes Beast. The Trinity is known as the Mass. The Pool of Existence cannot extend beyond and therefore those who are neither God, Man or Beast are Demonic. These Abominations are born of original sin and gain their power through negative spirit. They gain fragmentation of true original thought and thus must be exterminated. "Pokemon X-Cell
— ''Firstborne 1:09"
is a series of Pokémon Fanfics
by Experiment 282
It opens with two strangers, named the Blue Maiden and Lord Green in the middle of a a conversation, claiming they've captured the Pokemon they were looking for. It then cuts over to Ash, Dawn and Brock head to Shadow Town Pokemon Center after Ash has a Pokemon Battle to shelter from the oncoming rain and decide to stay over the for the night. Dawn points out the strange image on the wall and tries to pin point it, knowing Shadow Town had a history for catering notable travelers. The Nurse Joy overhears it and states the image is of the Legendary and mythological Legion Leaders. She also backs up Dawn's story by saying that Aura Guardians have come and go to this Pokemon Center, as it has the object known as the Aura Orb
to see into the distant future. Each has seen a part of a massive war in the not too distant future and as a result the painting was made of the Legion Leaders. Brock blurts that Ash has Aura and Nurse Joy allows Ash to have a try. He holds it, seeing a several images and visions but not quite understanding them, as well as witnessing someone getting stabbed in the back by a Scyther. Ash is too stunned to say anything. They head off to bed, falling asleep. Then wake up.....IN THE FUTURE
...not just that, but they're next to familiar faces without knowing why...
It gets worse. It uses a mixture of mystery
, horror, with a touch of romance and action, as well as plenty of Mind Screw
for all.Other fics
- Chronicles of Ruka: Just started, which the summary describes as "[A] prequel to Mystery of the Future. We follow the adventures of Ruka the Lucario as a Riolu as he travels around with a womanzing Haunter, a Misdreavus who loves all things cute and pretty and a Duskull with a low IQ."
- Adventures of Meredine Joy Unpublished: This will be properly published after Meredine Joy's Dirty Little Secret is revealed.
This Fanfic provides examples of:
- Abandoned Laboratory: Oh plenty of these...
- Action Girl: The Blue Maiden and Meredine Joy.
- Adult Fear: There has been increasing concern over the mental status of the children and the lack of care from the BLUEGREEN Legion Leaders.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Ash versing Wes on the Isle of Sloth. In order to obtain the Gray Keycard in the other room they must kill the Handler, as their heartbeats are the only things keeping the doors sealed. Wes is defeated in a double battle by Ash, and accepts his fate. As Meredine is about to blast his brains out, Wes explains why he joined Master Red's cause.Oncoming Squick: Rui, his wife, was brutality raped by members of Cipher while he was forced to watch.
- The Alliance: Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Begun by the Cult of Origin, whereas the BLUEGREEN Legion eventually join as well as Molly and her Unown.
- Always Night: Justified, as a massive black and red clouds make the world of the future dark, but some characters can tell the difference between night and day with very little clues.
- And I Must Scream: Wes states that spirits are forced to stick around on the mortal plain for eternity, as for some reason they can't leave the Earth.
- Apocalyptic Log: Mystery Messages and Data Entries.
- Backstory: Several are given, often speaking of reasons to fight
- Bad Dreams: Ash has this during the early chapters after he saw into the future using the Aura Orb.
- Becoming the Mask: Zoroark has been masquerading as Ash for an unknown amount of time. From that discovery, he becomes known as Z-Ash to Lucinda, Ruka and possibly Misty as well.
- Being Personal Isn't Professional: Subverted, it's the reason why a lot of the characters are bothering to fight Master Red.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Ash and Misty. Even when Misty tells him her feelings, Ash being Ash, fails to receive the message and assumes it's a friend thing. Even after they've kissed.
- Beneath the Earth: GateWay is home to mutant scientists who serve Cyrus...yes. THAT Cyrus. Eventually the BLUEGREEN Legion is moved there.
- Big Bad: Master Red
- Bizarrchitecture: The area within Turnback Cave. Reality warps as such
- Break the Cutie: There seems to be an enjoyment in tormenting the main characters...
- By the Eyes of the Blind: Suggested now, that Ash has Aura Vision.
- Child Soldiers: There's a reason why the six are brought to the future... Or is There?
- Chosen One: Ash is one in canon. Into the point of a possible major conspiracy.
- Cloudcuckoo Lander: Anede Pami
- Cluster F-Bomb: Meredine. And she's a Nurse Joy.
- Code Name: The Blue Maiden, Lord Green, Professor Orange, Master Red etc etc...specifically mentioned for 'security reasons' the only ones who don't follow the rules are Mewtwo and Angie
- Crapsack World: Red lampshades it at one point to the Blue Maiden on to whether or not its worth saving.
- Creepy Child: Amber.
- Cult Colony: The Cult of Origin live underground as this.
- Dark Fic
- Deadpan Snarker: Lord Green in later planned chapters.
- Despair Event Horizon: It's almost been reached quite a few times.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Ash verses Master Red in a three on three battle. They draw. Bye bye Ash's eyes...
- Driven to Suicide: M's Story : The Xatu
- The Eeyore: Ash after he experiences nightmares and develops insomnia. Even more when Master Red rips out his eyes.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: Several. Sabrina, Lebeci to name a few.
- Evil Tower of Ominousness: Eracus' Twisted Tower stands alone in an abandoned city filled with Shadow Pokemon.
- Expy: Plethora = The Pokemon Worlds version of The Bible.
- Eyeless Face: Anede. And Ash
- Eye Scream: Oh, nothing much...part from Ash getting his eyes ripped/clawed out by Master Red.
- Fainting Seer: Dawn. More like dying seer as she mumbles some strange words before dying.
- Fallen Hero: It's suggested Master Red was one of these...
- Fantasy Pantheon: Expanded from the Pokemon Patheon. Now has a Clock Goddess, some Devil, demons, and other implied Gods/Goddesses. Here they're actually called Gods.
- Fiery Red Head: Misty of course. And boy does she get violent...
- Fog of Doom: When Misty is imprisoned at Red's Fortress, that darn burgundy coloured fog can cause madness as well as put you to sleep.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Played straight with the assumption of Amber, the Red Queen. as well as subverted with Molly, the White Queen.
- The Group: Quite a few:
- The Alliance: Group of groups:
- BLUEGREEN Legion: The main battalion, who try to defend as well as investigate Master Red and his ilk.
- Cult of Origin: lead by Cyrus and Clock Goddess Lebeci.
- Continuum Conclave: Made up of Gardevoir/Gallade Who are actually Precursors.
- The White Queens Army: Molly and her Unown.
- RED Legion: Lead by Master Red and are the antagonists.
- Team Haima: Subgroup of the RED Legion. A collection of former members of Teams: Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Snagem and Galactic.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Ash is clueless as to his feelings for Misty, but early on he has a slight attraction to Blue. Despite mentioned that she has had her hair dyed that way.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Implied to what happened to Master Red.
- Hyperspace Mallet: Misty apparently was born with this ability, and uses it against a giant Slaking.
- The Informant: At the end of most Conversation Datalogs had Mystery Messages which Professor Orange discovered that they were actually Cryptic Puzzles sent by an unknown assailant.
- Intergenerational Friendship: A 14-year-old Ash bonds with the 30-something Blue.
- It's Personal: Everyone in the future has a personal grudge against Master Red for events that have occurred to them or loved ones.
- Kill the Cutie: Dawn
- The Lost Woods: The Main Characters are taken there to train, which in Co F Ruka calls it Final Forest. It has a secondary base as well as a Sacred Shrine where deceased spirits gather to say hello to their friends and family.
- There's also the rainforest near Turnback Cave. Spacetime is somewhat distorted.
- MacGuffin: The Aura Orb. Used once by Ash, then forgotten.
- Mama Bear: The Blue Maiden.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Implied by the kiss between Ash and Blue.
- Moral Myopia: There's always talk on the future is far less moral than it used to be.
- Mythological Gag: Numerous:
- "Pikachu how times did I tell you to stop eating the ketchup? I need that for lunch today!" - Brock.
- The girls discussing how Ash ruined all their bikes.
- M's Story mentions: Dialga, as a Pokettian Praetor of Time, run rampant.
- Noodle Incident: Meredine is so frustrated that she 'Pity fucks' Lord Green During chapter 8, he uses that against her for fun.
- Odd Job Goddess: Lebeci is a...Clock Goddess. She has a special Celebi called the Temporal Celebi by her side. What this means is unknown.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Dawn.
- Paid Harem: Master Red has a bunch in his Fortress.
- Physical Goddess: Lebeci, the Clock Goddess. Though, you don't see her doing anything as she just orders people around.
- Precursors: The Continuum Conclave, who were from a previous civilization. In M's Story, the Pokettians appear to be the Precursors for humans and Pokemon.
- Prophecies Rhyme All the Time: Do they ever....
- Psychic Dreams for Everyone: Yeah why not?
- Punctuated Pounding: When Blue, Green, Mewtwo and Meredine encounter the zombified Todd Snap:
- WHY BANG WON'T BANG YOU BANG DIE?
- Puppy Love: Tracey and Dawn. It's a never met ship, but the Author is intending it anyway
- Which has been sliced due to one particular persons death
- Reality Warper: Ah yes. In a throwback to Pokemon 3, Molly returns to be White Queen of the Unown, but she's on the heroes side now. Unexpectedly enough Amber, the girl who died AGES ago, somehow comes back and rules her own batch of Shiny Unown instead.
- La Résistance: The Alliance.
- Screw Destiny: Ash screams it when Pikachu is dying...but of course He gets better.
- Seven Deadly Sins
- Sexy Mentor: Blue.
- Ship Tease: Ash X Misty, Ash X Angie, Ash X Blue, Blue X Red, Blue X Green, Green X Meredine, Tracey X Dawn
- Shout Out: Meredine likes to watch PRIS, with Meeva Laveed, Handsome Lech Thomas Anizzio and the Perky Goth Tabitha "Tabby" Soxton.
- The description of Life Orbs are accurate, as in the games they amplify the moves of Pokemon at a cost of HP each turn, but having a spirit and consciousness inside draws parallels to Exspheres.
- Those Two Guys: Jacket and Nassie.
- Time Travel: Starts the whole plot. Courtesy of Temporal Celebi.
- Transformation Trinket: Zoroark can already transform into other characters, but wears a special enchanted Locket that allows the user to take on the memories and emotions of a person who's hair and photo is inside it
- Tsundere: Meredine. She's mainly Tsun Tsun, but she goes dere dere when shes around the main characters.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Meredine and Lord Green.
- Unusual Chapter Numbers: Any chapter with the letter A next to it indicates a Datalog or Mystery Message chapter.
- Warrior Heaven: Haven. A Heaven for alive and deceased Aura Guardians is guarded by Lucario and Togekiss.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 9: The deaths of Dawn, Sabrina and Mewtwo
- Yandere: Misty in Chapter 9. Doesn't help she's not herself
- You Keep Using That Word: The word Aura comes up a lot. The Author will try and use them less as time goes on.