An American actress who is best known for her voice-over work, Tara Platt co-founded Monkey Kingdom Productions with her husband Yuri Lowenthal
in 2004. Monkey Kingdom Productions is an independent film production company, with two features and 4 seasons of critically acclaimed web-series Shelf Life as well as numerous short films. Tara and Yuri do the voices of two characters in Naruto
as Temari and Sasuke, respectively. In 2007 and 2008, the two gave their voices for Persona 3
with Yuri as the main character, Ryoji and Pharos and Tara as Mitsuru Kirijo and Elizabeth.
Has a Twitter account
Her Texan counterparts are Colleen Clinkenbeard
and Shelley Calene-Black
Notable roles by Tara Platt:
Live Action TV
- Cherry Storm in Caper
- Hero Lass in Shelf Life
Tropes associated with Tara Platt:
- Action Girl: Most of her roles qualify for this.
- Contralto of Danger: Most of her stern female roles and villains have this.
- Femme Fatale: Many of her roles may fall into this category, Anna Williams and Katarina in particular.
- Lady of War: A good number of her roles fit into this.
- Happily Married: To Yuri Lowenthal.
- Older Than They Look: She's 35, but she easily passes as a woman in her 20s.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: While her husband Yuri Lowenthal is often cast as idealistic Kid Heroes note , Tara is often cast as mature, serious, adult women of various types from Lady of War to a Proper Lady. Noticeable examples include Anna Williams, Setsuka, Jennifer Nocturne, Katarina, Eva Heinnmann, Lisa Yadoumaru, Reina, Agnes Joubert, and Seri Awashima.
- Playing Against Type: Ester in Ben 10 Omniverse (a teenage girl nowhere near serious minded or mature), Samantha in Tiger & Bunny (A kindly old woman), Eva Heinemann from Monster (a Rich Bitch who falls into alcoholism), and Elizabeth in Persona 3 (A complete Cloud Cuckoo Lander).
- Relationship Voice Actor: Usually cast alongside her husband, Yuri Lowenthal.
- Appears to be the American equivalent of Yuko Kaida, having dubbed many of her roles.