Creator: Nathan Fillion
"I'm a dork. I collect comic books. I still love cartoons. I'd rather be at home on a Friday night playing D&D than hanging out in some loud, overcrowded club. My sense of humor is that of a geek. My likes and dislikes are those of a geek. I've memorized the dialogue of every crappy sci-fi movie there is, but I still haven't seen Schindler's List."Nathan Fillion is a Canadian TV and movie actor who started off in the soaps. Since then, he's moved on to a number of famous roles. A few of his characters can be morally questionable or bordering jerkass territory, but he's a really nice guy in person. And quite a comedian.His roles include:
— Nathan Fillion
- Malcolm Reynolds, captain of the Firefly-class vessel Serenity.
- The first Joey Buchanan in One Life to Live.
- Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck in Bungie's Halo 3: ODST, starring alongside fellow Firefly mains Adam Baldwin and Alan Tudyk.
- Edward Buck again in Halo 5: Guardians, who's now a Spartan-IV.
- Richard Castle, novelist-turned police consultant in the self-titled series Castle.
- Captain Hammer, Dr. Horrible's nemesis.
- Caleb in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a major case of Playing Against Type
- Alex Tully in Drive, another cancelled-after-4-episodes series from Tim Minear.
- Bill Pardy, town sheriff from Slither.
- Father David in Dracula 2000.
- Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman animated film.
- Dr. Pomatter in the independent comedy Waitress.
- Cactoid Jim and Jefferson Reid in the old-time radio style show Thrilling Adventure Hour.
- Constable Dogberry in Joss Whedon's production of William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.
- Johnny Worthington III in Monsters University.
- Hermes, god of thieves and travelers and father of Luke Castellan in Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.
- Preston Northwest in Gravity Falls
- Hunter Vanguard liaison Cayde-6 in Bungie's Destiny.
- He kicked Justin Bieber's ass in Halo: Reach. According to him it "felt good". Also, there are two exceptions to the statement "Only Bungie employees have flaming heads in Halo 3." Those two are a contest winner and Nathan Fillion.
- He has dated Tricia Helfer (Number Six in Battlestar Galactica (2003)) in the past, and called it the best date he had ever had when questioned on it by a fan.
Tropes Associated with his involved works and characters:
- His role as Sheriff Bill Pardy in Slither can be compared to Paul Linke's character of Sheriff Bruce Smith of Motel Hell, due to their roles as brown-haired and seemingly meek and mild-mannered sheriffs who both happened to be protagonists of horror comedy B-movies and are both a naive Idiot Hero in a way.
- Nathan's role as Preston Northwest in Gravity Falls is a somewhat of a loose cartoon version of Larry Hagman's character J.R. Ewing from the television show Dallas, just without the stetson and the Southern accent, with a mustache and if J.R. was an outright Card-Carrying Villain rather just being Affably Evil.
- Cayde-6 in Destiny is pretty close to what would happen if you stuck Malcolm Reynolds into an administrative position, with the same crazy plans, attitude towards authority, and desire to get out and fight the war himself.
- Ink-Suit Actor: His primary character in the Halo series, Sergeant Buck, is an exact replica of himself◊.
- Old Shame: Averted, to the point of reprising the role of Joey Buchanan on OLTL in 2007, having nice things to say about his Soap Opera days and unashamedly tells funny stories about "three faces of acting" as well as how useful a school it was.