"People have often asked if I'm gay because I don't go out of my way to spit and scratch and give people attitude."Jason Bateman (January 14, 1969-) is a prolific American comedy actor. Seriously, you might not remember them all, but you have probably seen at least eight movies with this guy. He was born in 1969 and began his acting career with a part in Little House on the Prairie. He came to prominence with a supporting role on the 1980s sitcom Silver Spoons and later as the star of Teen Wolf Too (which is something of an Old Shame).His best-remembered roles are that of David Hogan, the eldest son on The Hogan Family, and as Michael Bluth in Arrested Development, the latter which set his persona as something of a quietly charming straight man. He has been playing largely similar nice-guy roles in a myriad of romantic comedies. In recent years audiences have had something of a "he really can act" reaction as he has managed to find a lot of range despite being largely typecast.His sister, Justine Bateman, also acts and is best known as Mallory from Family Ties.
- Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)
- Juno (2007)
- Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (2007)
- Smokin' Aces (2007)
- The Kingdom (2007)
- Hancock (2008)
- State of Play (2009)
- Extract (2009)
- Up in the Air (2009)
- The Invention of Lying (2009)
- Couples Retreat (2009)
- The Switch (2010)
- Paul (2010)
- Horrible Bosses (2011)
- The Change Up (2011)
- Disconnect (2012)
- Identity Thief (2012)
- The Gift (2015)
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- Zootopia (2016)
This actor provides examples of:
- Butt Monkey: His characters cannnot catch a break and usually take shit from every side until the end of the story.
- Deadpan Snarker: His other notable role.
- Dogged Nice Guy: His role in Arrested Development and most of his films. And once his character was fleshed out and you got to know him, David Hogan on The Hogan Family.
- Typecasting: He is almost always the Straight Man, and a stressed-out, under-appreciated businessman.