Characters / Zombiepowder.
The main protagonist of the story who is searching for the 12 rings of the dead with his partner C. T. Smith. Wields a chainsaw sword in combat and can catch bullets bare-handed and use black flames both offensively and defensively.
- Amusing Injuries: Gets impaled in the forehead with a fork, and that was just in volume 1...
- Badass Longcoat: Wears a nice, white/silver one with black fur cuffs and a black butterfly pattern on the back.
- The Berserker/Blood Knight: Was one in his past, according to Balmunk. He was described as a "Beast who did not care about life or death on a crazed search for his next battle".
- Berserk Button: Just mentioning his "girlfriend" was enough to trigger his Super-Powered Evil Side.
- BFS/Chainsaw Good: His primary weapon is a gas-powered chainsword almost as tall as he is.
- Bullet Catch: The armor grafted onto his right arm allows him to do this. He also does this to a bazooka missile.
- Master Swordsman: Of the Karinzan-Jutsu, the ultimate style of killing with a sword, said to take 32 years on average to master. Gamma mastered it in 4.
- One-Handed Zweihänder: Wields the aforementioned chainsword one-handed most of the time.
- Playing with Fire: Mastery of Karinzan-Jutsu, an ancient sword-style, gives him control of the "Black Flames of Bloodlust". Which (among other things) blocks the user from an enemy's attacks.
- Red Baron: Known throughout the world as The Black-armed Death God.
- Super-Powered Evil Side/Unstoppable Rage: Enters this state while fighting Balmunk, he manages to snap out of it by grasping his black metal arm. It's heavily implied that he was in this state all the time in his past.
- The Fettered: Stated to Balmunk that one who uses his power for nothing but himself is nothing but "a wild beast", while one who uses his power to protect the weak is "strong".
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl/Wouldn't Hurt a Child: According to Smith, he has a soft spot for women and children. Hence why he has trouble fighting Ranewater Calder until it turns out he's way Older Than He Looks.
C. T. Smith
Gamma's partner in his quest for the 12 rings of the dead. He is basically good at everything and wields simple handguns with extremely deadly accuracy.
John Elwood Shepherd
A small time pickpocket who joins up with Gamma and Smith when a crime boss murders his sister
. He isn't nearly as powerful as Gamma or Smith, but makes up for it with his pickpocketing skills. Wields throwing knives.
- Knife Nut: Don't let his looks fool you, he can be deadly with those throwing knives if he wants to be...
- Tagalong Kid: He can hold his own in a fight, but can't even begin to compare to the skill of Gamma or Smith. In the last volume they decide to move on without him.
Wolfgangina Lalla Getto
The final member to join the group. Fights crime with her masterful journalism skills and has brought down several big name criminals by the time Gamma runs into her. Wields a tripod and camera in combat.
Mujata Colvin Kinqro
The leader of the "Grey Ants" gang and Elwood's former boss. He serves as the main antagonist of the first chapter.
- Bad Boss: When attacked with throwing knives his reaction is to grab one of his Mooks by the head and use him as a human shield.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When Elwood's sister breaks a flower pot on him and messes up his hairstyle he shoots her in the back of the head.
- Fat Bastard: No kidding!
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Gamma chops him in half with his chainsword at the end of his only appearance in the first chapter.
The leader of the "Ash Daughter" gang who is keeping himself young and health through the help of age regression drugs. Aims to get the 12 rings of the dead so he can have true immortality.
- Badass Grandpa: Though having the body of a teenager or young adult must certainly help.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: As noted on the main page, the name of his gang also really didn't help matters...
- In the Hood: Which he uses to trick the heroes into thinking he is an ally (for all the good that does him)...
- Killed Off for Real: When he tries making a run for it when he begins losing his fight with Gamma...
Baragne Binoix Bartoreuil Balmunk
Or simply "Balmunk the mystic" for short. Leader of the "Balmunk Circus Troupe" which is a Circus of Fear
styled gang. Has many strange and deadly abilities that often invoke Body Horror
in some way. Is the main antagonist for volume 2 and 3 (as well as the whole series due to it being Cut Short
Sheryl Ann Shepherd
Elwood's older sister who suffers from a heart condition. Is killed by Kinqro in the first chapter, which is why Elwood joins Gamma on his quest.
- Ill Girl: The only reason Elwood even bothers to work for an asshole like Kinqro is to pay for the medication for her heart condition.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: Shot In the Back by Kinqro for breaking a flowerpot over his head.