- Height: 190.2cmWeight: 102kgDate of Birth: November 28Age: 22Blood Type: AO
- Amusing Injuries: Gets impaled in the forehead with a fork, and that was just in volume 1...
- Badass Longcoat: Wears a nice, white/silver one with black fur cuffs and a black butterfly pattern on the back.
- The Berserker/Blood Knight: Was one in his past, according to Balmunk. He was described as a "Beast who did not care about life or death on a crazed search for his next battle".
- Berserk Button: Just mentioning his "girlfriend" was enough to trigger his Super-Powered Evil Side.
- BFS/Chainsaw Good: His primary weapon is a gas-powered chainsword almost as tall as he is.
- Bullet Catch: The armor grafted onto his right arm allows him to do this. He also does this to a bazooka missile.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Wears a leather vest and a pair of leather pants underneath his Badass Longcoat.
- Immune to Bullets: That scary-looking arm of his isn't just for show. He's fast enough to block bullets with it most of the time, and even No-Sell a rocket from a bazooka.
- Master Swordsman: Of the Karinzan-Jutsu, the ultimate style of killing with a sword, said to take 32 years on average to master. Gamma mastered it in 4.
- One-Handed Zweihänder: Wields the aforementioned chainsword one-handed most of the time.
- Playing with Fire: Mastery of Karinzan-Jutsu, an ancient sword-style, gives him control of the "Black Flames of Bloodlust". Which (among other things) blocks the user from an enemy's attacks.
- Red Baron: Known throughout the world as The Black-armed Death God.
- Super-Powered Evil Side/Unstoppable Rage: Enters this state while fighting Balmunk, he manages to snap out of it by grasping his black metal arm. It's heavily implied that he was in this state all the time in his past.
- The Fettered: Stated to Balmunk that one who uses his power for nothing but himself is nothing but "a wild beast", while one who uses his power to protect the weak is "strong".
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl/Wouldn't Hurt a Child: According to Smith, he has a soft spot for women and children. Hence why he has trouble fighting Ranewater Calder until it turns out he's way Older Than He Looks.
C. T. Smith
- Height: 175cmWeight: 65kgDate of Birth: September 25Age: unknownBlood Type: AB
- The Ace
- Badass in a Nice Suit: He has been said to resemble a London banker.
- Covert Pervert: Heavily implied.
- The Gunslinger
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Lands a head-shot on an enemy about to kill Elwood, without even looking at his target.
- In volume 4 he manages to shoot the bolts off the wheels of A MOVING TRAIN!
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Even the author admits he is good at everything he does.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Seems so.
- Nice Hat: His nice suit wouldn't be complete without it.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
John Elwood Shepherd
- Height: 151cmWeight: 38kgDate of Birth: September 10Age: 13Blood Type: BO
- Justified Criminal: About the only reason he would ever work for someone like Kinqro. He uses the money he earns picking pockets to take care of his sick older sister.
- Knife Nut: Don't let his looks fool you, he can be deadly with those throwing knives if he wants to be...
- Tagalong Kid: He can hold his own in a fight, but can't even begin to compare to the skill of Gamma or Smith. In the last volume they decide to move on without him.
Wolfgangina Lalla Getto
- Height: 171cmWeight: 56kgDate of Birth: March 31Age: 18Blood Type: O+
- Action Girl: By the time the others meet her she has crushed entire criminal gangs all by herself.
- Biker Babe: Unfortunately, the series ends before this gets any real focus.
- Gag Boobs: She even uses her over-sized breasts to incapacitate a random and very very lucky Mook.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her tripod and camera (and boobs).
- Lethal Chef: She tries to make the group dinner in volume 4. To quote the reactions of the characters themselves:"Its like this is... A TEST FROM GOD!"
- Marshmallow Hell: Puts poor Elwood through one of these for an entire day during the "day in the life of" bonus section at the end of volume 3.
- Ms. Fanservice
Mujata Colvin Kinqro
- Height: unknownWeight: unknownDate of Birth: unknownAge: unknownBlood Type: unknown
- Bad Boss: When attacked with throwing knives his reaction is to grab one of his Mooks by the head and use him as a human shield.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When Elwood's sister breaks a flower pot on him and messes up his hairstyle he shoots her in the back of the head.
- Fat Bastard: No kidding!
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: He is often seen smoking a cigarette and even uses it to burn Elwood when trying to get information out of him.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Gamma chops him in half with his chainsword at the end of his only appearance in the first chapter.
- Starter Villain: He's a nasty piece of work to be sure, but no where near the level of strength and intimidation of later antagonists. He doesn't even have any special skills or abilities, just a bazooka, a well-armed gang and the use of dirty fighting tactics.
- Height: 158cmWeight: 43kgDate of Birth: March 4Age: unknownBlood Type: BB
- Badass Grandpa: Though having the body of a teenager or young adult must certainly help.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: As noted on the main page, the name of his gang also really didn't help matters...
- Immortality Seeker: He has to use an anti-aging drug to keep his frail body youthful but has to keep upping the dosage as his body slowly builds up an immunity to it. With the Rings of the Dead he could have true immortality and not have to worry about relying on the drug anymore.
- In the Hood: Which he uses to trick the heroes into thinking he is an ally (for all the good that does him)...
- Killed Off for Real: When he tries making a run for it when he begins losing his fight with Gamma...
- Mr. Fanservice: He apparently made quite the impression on female readers and Tite ended up getting several requests to draw him with his hair down, which he obliged with Calder's character profile picture.
- You Have Failed Me: He punishes failure VERY SEVERELY.
Kuang Jonathan Bacley
- Height: unknownWeight: unknownDate of Birth: unknownAge: unknownBlood Type: unknown
- The Dragon: He's the East Boss of the Ash Daughters and one of Calder's top lieutenants. Unfortunately for Bacley, this isn't enough to save him when Calder decides to punish him for his mistakes.
- Faux Affably Evil: He pretends to be polite to the people his group robs on the bus and promises them that they won't get shot if they don't make trouble. He then attempts to shot Elwood completely unprovoked when he gets what he wants.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: When he informs Calder about Gamma's capture and escape the Ash Daughter boss cuts him clean in half at the waist.
- Would Hurt a Child: He would have gunned Elwood down without so much as a second thought if Gamma hadn't stepped in to save him.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Tries to pull this on Elwood when it looks like his group has captured Gamma. Fortunately, Gamma is quick to remind them that Elwood is the only reason he's cooperating with them, not the guns pointed at his head.
- Birks DecarloHeight: 169cmWeight: 62kgDate of Birth: unknownAge: unknownBlood Type: OBernard DecarloHeight: 176cmWeight: 60 kgDate of Birth: unknownAge: unknownBlood Type: AB
- Bit Part Bad Guy: They exist so Gamma has someone to knock aside before he can claim Calder's Ring of the Dead from the Ash Daughter vault.
- Nice Hat: They wear cowboy hats with tiny vault doors mounted on the front.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After Gamma effortlessly disarms and intimidates them they wisely decide to make a run for it while he opens the vault.
Balmunk Circus Troupe
Baragne Binoix Bartoreuil Balmunk
- Height: 186cmWeight: unknownDate of Birth: unknownAge: unknownBlood Type: unknown
- Affably Evil: Remains friendly and polite even while fighting against his enemies and takes his defeat at Gamma's hands in stride since he found out Gamma's darker side isn't completely dead.
- Alliterative Name
- An Arm and a Leg: Gamma manages to blow both of his arms off during their fight, forcing him to retreat until he can recover.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He's a hammy stage magician who attacks with strange magic tricks and runs a circus themed gang. He's also an A-Zero level criminal who has killed over 20,000 people and is stated to have once wiped out an entire town in just two hours.
- Big Bad: He is the final major threat that Gamma's group has to defeat.
- Body Horror: Some of his "tricks" invoke this.
- Evil Is Hammy: But of course! He's a showman after all, if he wasn't hammy he wouldn't be much of a performer.
- Finger Firearms: He has the ability to transform his own fingers into guns.
- Stage Magician: His persona is a mix of this and a circus ringleader. As such, most of his attacks take the form of various magic tricks like pulling a gun out of his ear or turning his bow tie into snakes.
- Thrill Seeker: Unlike most Powder Hunters he isn't seeking the Rings of the Dead for immortality or to revive a loved one, he just enjoys the thrill of the hunt and the chance to fight against strong opponents.
- Height: unknownWeight: unknownDate of Birth: January 23Age: 42Blood Type: AB
- Badass Mustache: His has a thick bushy mustache.
- Dual Wielding: He uses two swords as his main weapons during his fight. Later on he grabs a few extras from his box and uses them as well, though it doesn't change the outcome of his battle with Gamma in the slightest.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Gamma cuts him up so bad that he basically collapses into a pile of chopped up body parts and gore.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Claims to be one the same level as Balmunk himself and is an A-Zero criminal as well, but Gamma still effortlessly wipes the floor with him and humiliates him in their battle. Even the author himself took note of this in his character bio.
- Tattooed Crook: Has a large tattoo on one side of his head.
- You Are Already Dead: It takes several seconds for his body to actually fall apart after Gamma delivers the death blow to him.
Lechris Pownder Rescher
- Height: 208cmWeight: 102kgDate of Birth: August 17Age: 26Blood Type: BO
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Elwood beats him by stealing his gas tank and setting him on fire, nearly burning him alive.
- Irony: He is the only Troupe member who protested against fighting a kid and ultimately ends up with Elwood as his opponent. He also curses his luck that he didn't get to fight Gamma instead, but given that Elwood was willing to spare his life while Gamma wouldn't he definitely lucked out there.
- Kill It with Fire: All of his attacks are fire based.
- Pet the Dog: His character bio mentions that he loves kids and was the only Troupe member who protested fighting Gamma's group when he found out there was a kid involved. This was originally going to be show in the story itself but Tite had to cut it due to running out of room.
- Would Hurt a Child: Played with. He really doesn't want to and even apologizes to Elwood but still attacks him with his fire spitting with the intent to kill. Luckily, Elwood beats him before either of them get seriously hurt.
Milan Gerald Falzon
- Height: 177cmWeight: 62kgDate of Birth: July 28Age: 28Blood Type: O
- Boom, Headshot: How Smith finishes him off.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: When he ask Smith who he really is:Falzon: W-Who the in the world are you?!Smith: C.T. Smith.Falzon: C-C.T Smith... the "C" in your name... don't tell me you're Co- *BANG*Smith: My name is Smith. That's all you need to know.
- Knife Nut: He attacks exclusively with throwing knives.
- Mr. Fanservice: He was apparently the most popular character with female readers, which baffles Kubo himself, who notes that the guy wears a mask, is a sexual pervert and is almost as crazy as Balmunk himself in his character bio. He then speculates that it must have been his pretty face that caught so much attention.
- Never Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight: He insists that his knife tricks make him more than a match for C.T. Smith, who uses a gun. While he does manage to get one good hit on him Smith still triumphs with his extreme speed and reflexes, rendering his attacks worthless.
- Nice Hat: He wears one that looks like a cross between a fedora and a cowboy hat.
- Villainous Breakdown: He becomes more and more panicked as it slowly dawns on him that he opponent is way out of his league.
- Height: unknownWeight: unknownDate of Birth: unknownAge: unknownBlood Type: unknown
- Absolute Cleavage: They all wear revealing outfits like this that exposes targets on their stomachs which they can use to draw their brothers knives to them.
- Boom, Headshot: C.T. Smith executes them all this way in one panel to show Falzon that he is done screwing around.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: They have numbers tattooed to their foreheads that can be used to tell them apart from each other. This isn't just for show either, by calling out their number Falzon can direct his knives toward them.
- Ms. Fanservice: Falzon himself may be the most popular character among female readers but his sisters are no slouches either, even giving Wolfina a run for her money among the male readerbase.
- Single-Minded Twins: They're all basically the same character coped fifteen times.
- Theme Twin Naming: All of their names end with an "a" sound. (As seen above.)
- Height: 291cmWeight: 355kgDate of Birth: unknownAge: 23 (allegedly)Blood Type: AA
- An Arm and a Leg: When she attacks Emilio it reactivates the ring of the dead inside him, which then proceeds to rip her entire arm clean off and impale her with its tendrils.
- Bald Woman: Her character profile page shows that she is bald underneath her hat.
- Christmas Cake: Her alleged age of 23 and desperate attitude in general is noted by the author in her character bio.
- Dirty Coward: She was perfectly willing to turn an unconscious man's head into mush to get the ring of the dead out of it but when that same ring comes to the defense of its host she screams in fear at being attacked.
- Nice Hat: Which she likely uses to cover her bald head.
- Uncertain Doom: After having her arm ripped off and being thrown from the train she is last seen initiating a self-destruct to destroy the train with Wolfina and Emilio still on it. Given that she had also been impaled by the ring of the dead its likely she died from blood loss but her ultimate fate is never confirmed.
Sheryl Ann Shepherd
- Height: 160.3cmWeight: 43kgDate of Birth: September 11Age: 20Blood Type: O
- Ill Girl: The only reason Elwood even bothers to work for an asshole like Kinqro is to pay for the medication for her heart condition.
- Sacrificial Lamb: She is killed in the very first chapter to give Elwood a reason to accompany Gamma on his quest for the Rings of the Dead.
- Small Role, Big Impact: She only appears in the first chapter of the story and dies before any other characters, but her death is what motivates Elwood to join Gamma in the first place.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: Shot In the Back by Kinqro for breaking a flowerpot over his head.
- Walking Spoiler: She plays a small but very important role in the first chapter of the manga.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: She doesn't even make it to the end of her introductory chapter before being shot in the head.
Emilio Lufas Getto
- Height: 173cmWeight: 54kgDate of Birth: September 24Age: 16Blood Type: AO+
- Body Horror: The ring inside his body is embedded in his brain and is borderline impossible to remove. Attempting to do so will cause the ring to become active and sprout Combat Tentacles from his mouth and ears.
- Nice Guy: From what little we see of him in flashbacks he seems to be a pretty nice kid and even apologizes to Wolfina when he thinks he let her down. He also prevents the ring inside him from killing her when it goes berserk trying to protect him.
Domenico Alfred Roscoe
- Height: 176cmWeight: 87kgDate of Birth: August 9Age: 59Blood Type: AB
- Badass Grandpa: He was willing to stand up to Balmunk to protect his patients and refuses to back down so long as any of them are in danger. He also has a third degree black belt in judo according to his character bio.
- Bald Black Leader Guy: He's bald, black and runs the hospital where Emilio is staying.
- Cool Old Guy: He's a nice man who stands up for his patients even in the face of certain death and refuses to give up on them. He also patches Wolfina up whenever she gets hurt while out fighting against criminals.
- Nice Hat: His character bio has him wearing a fedora.
- Outliving One's Offspring: His wife and daughter both died years ago.
Angelle Belle Rose Cooney
- Height: 145cmWeight: 36kgDate of Birth: November 24Age: 11Blood Type: AO
- Bratty Half-Pint: She is rude and dismissive towards pretty much everyone except Gamma, whom she has a crush on.
- Psychic Powers: She is shown to have many abilities that resemble classic psychic powers, though her character bio claims they that these abilities are closer to Gamma's "Black Flames Of Bloodlust" fire techniques rather than actual psychic skills. Make of that what you will.
- Spoiled Brat: She hates when things don't go her way and is impolite to pretty much everyone she meets. Thankfully she only appears near the end of the last volume and doesn't get much focus during that time.
- Height: 153cmWeight: 40kgDate of Birth: November 4Age: unknownBlood Type: unknown
- Absolute Cleavage: Drawn this way in her profile picture.
- Back-Alley Doctor: It's heavily implied that most of her work is done outside the law, though unlike most examples of this trope she is also implied to be highly competent at what she does. The bonus stories at the end of volume 3 play up this part of her character for laughs when a patient comes to her with a skinned elbow. After misdiagnosing it as a cold (serious illness) due to her fortune telling she then prescribes the patient... an enema. For a cold. Yeah.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She is known to be extremely strange, fickle and eccentric but is also one of the best doctors in the world. Unfortunately, due to the series ending at volume 4 most of her quirks are restricted to bonus content like her character bio or the extra stories at the end of the previous volume.