Characters: Ugly Americans
From left to right starting with the guy in the blue tie and ending with the guy in the violet tie: Frank Grimes, Callie Maggotbone (with Doug the Koala Man behind her), Mark Lilly, Randall Skeffington, Leonard Powers, and Twayne the Bone-Raper. Not pictured: Aldremach Maggotbone.
A list of the characters from the Comedy Central
series Ugly Americans
and the tropes that define them.
open/close all folders
The main character. A human social worker in New York City, employed by the Department of Integration.
Mark's direct superior and on-again off-again girlfriend. A half-human succubus.
- Anything That Moves: Subverted.
"Just because I've gotta have it doesn't mean I don't have standards."
- Attractive Bent-Gender: As Dick. Complete with rippling muscles, Gag Penis, and the voice of H. Jon Benjamin.
- Bastard Girlfriend: She's pretty horrible to Mark most of the time, being half demon and all. But the times she does open up to him and show him her human side, it's almost always a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- You really can't stress this enough, since the demons on the show are portrayed as virtually incapable of affection and love, even to their own families.
- BDSM: Callie's a big fan of this.
- Breast Expansion: In the "Demon Baby" episode, Callie's breasts swell when she comes near the demon baby that Mark is caring for. Then they start to lactate fire.
Mark: Um, did your boobs just grow when you touched the baby?
Mark: Are you sure? 'Cause I could have sworn. There, it happened again.
Callie: Stop staring at my boobs.
Mark: I can't, so I'll go.
- Character Development: Has become somewhat nicer as the series progresses.
- Clothing Damage: Happens a lot, naturally, like when she transforms, or when she lactates fire.
- Comically Missing the Point: Very often, but mostly out of self-centeredness rather than stupidity.
- Destructo-Nookie: Callie is very active in bed.
- Fiery Redhead
- Green-Eyed Monster: Despite asserting that she's in an open relationship with Mark, she gets incredibly distraught when Mark actually does find someone else to have sex with.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Has a human mother and a demon father.
- Horny Devils: In "Soulsucker" it's shown that she even has the ability to suck souls out through the urethra.
- Power Is Sexy
- Really Gets Around: Though she does get into a serious and monogamous relationship with Mark.
- Too Kinky to Torture
- Villain Protagonist
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: She has a larger, "more demonic" form with wings and talons. She can apparently extend and retract the wings at will.
Mark's slovenly zombie roommate.
The wizard of social services, and Mark's co-worker at the DOI.
A demon; Mark, Callie, and Leonard's superior at the DOI.
The chief of law enforcement, and a foul-tempered foil to Mark. Prejudiced toward non-humans, he'd rather see them all deported.
The highest ranking demon in Hell and Callie's father.