Here be the list of characters for Spellbinder
From Australia in Series 1 (aka Paul's world)
Paul Reynolds (Zbych Trofimiuk)
A teenager from Sydney. While on a school trip, he accidentally opens a doorway to another world while trying to scare his classmate Katrina and her friend, and becomes trapped in the Land of Spellbinders. In there, he must find a way to get home while Ashka and Gryvon want to capture him because of his knowledge.
Alex Katsonis (Brian Rooney)
Paul's best friend. Although he was there when Paul disappeared, he didn't see anything and so takes time to accept that his friend is actually in a parallel world.
Katrina Muggleton (Michela Noonan)
One of Paul and Alex's classmate, described by Alex as "a nerd". As one of the person Alex and Paul were trying to scare during their school trip, she witnesses him disappearing and quickly assume that he is in a parallel world. She then tries her best to convince Alex to help her get Paul back.
Brian Reynolds (Andrew Mc Farlane)
Paul's father, a scientist.
- Adults Are Useless: The teens try to convince him many times that Paul has been in a parallel world, but he won't listen until the very last moment.
- Agent Scully
Christine Reynolds (Georgina Fisher)
Paul's younger sister. A background character in the first half of the series. Once Paul returns, along with Riana, she quickly finds out about Riana and helps him hide her existence.
From the Land of Spellbinders
Ashka (Heather Mitchell)
An arrogant and ambitious Spellbinder who will get to extreme lengths to get whatever she wants. When she learns that Paul is from another world and hears what he can do (i.e. make gunpowder), she decides to persuade him to reveal his secrets… at first.
Ashka is the only character to be a regular in both series. In Series 2, she manages to escape from the Land of Spellbinders with Kathy and Mek, arriving in the Land of the Dragon Lord, and decides to manipulate her way to Evil Chancellor
- Bavarian Fire Drill: How do you get people to submit to you? Just pretend that you are a powerful magician, use a few cheap tricks, and there you go.
- Big Bad
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: While she doesn't take long to reveal her true colors, she genuinely seems nice at first… for the first five minutes at least.
- Devil in Plain Sight
- Evil Chancellor: Especially in Series 2.
- Freudian Excuse: Yes, she has one of these, as revealed in Series 2: she grew up as an orphan and decided right there and then that you couldn't trust anyone but yourself.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Not immediately: during the first part of Series 1, she tries again and again to steal the recipe for gunpowder in order to overthrow the Regents. When her intentions are about to be revealed, she realizes that she may as well go to Paul's world if she is finished in her own. From that point on, she would know when a given situation call for a change of plan.
- Magnificent Bitch
- Oh Me Accents Slipping: Heather Mitchell tries to affect a strange accent in order to blend in with the Polish cast members. Halway through Series 1, she decides not to bother with it.
- They Call Me Mr Tibbs: "Spellbinder Ashka".
- Trrrilling Rrrs: Part of her strange accent at first. Later, she would use it whenever she does her "powerful magician" act.
- Villains Blend in Better
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Oh, so very much. Related to Know When to Fold 'Em above.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: She never intended to help Paul return to his world once he reveals the secret of gunpowder to her.
Riana (Gosia Piotrowska)
A girl that Paul meets on his first day in the Land of Spellbinders. Mistaking him for a Marauder, she is afraid of him at first, but she later understand where he comes from and helps him. In the second half of the series, she is the one to be trapped in Paul's world.
Gryvon (Rafal Zwierz)
Ashka's apprentice, as arrogant and ambitious as her, but a lot less smart.
Correon (Krzysztof Kumor)
One of the three Regents—the rulers of the Spellbinders.
- Absent-Minded Professor: At first, he seems more interested in his research than anything else. He gets better, though.
- Cool Old Guy
- Freudian Trio: For all we see of the Regents, it seems they Form one of those. Correon is The Id, acting on his impulses (he wants to banish Paul without even listening to what he has to say), Marna is The Superego (she suggests that Paul might help them repair the flying ships), and Lukan is The Ego.
From Australia in Series 2 (aka Kathy's world)
Kathy Morgan (Lauren Hewett)
Josh Morgan (Ryan Kwanten)
Carl Morgan (Peter O'Brien)
Vicky Morgan (Lenore Smith)
From the Land of the Dragon Lord
Sun (Leonard Fung)
Mek (Anthony Wong)
Aya (Hu Xin)
Sharak (Me Yang)
Jasmine (Gui Jeilan)
from the Land of the Immortals
Guin (Katarzyna Walter)
Lem (Wenanty Nosul)
Dr. Elvo (Lech Mackiewicz)
From the Land of The Molochs