- Broken Base: It's either first or second series, no middle ground. Fans either hate Kathy or Alex and Katrina.
- Even Better Sequel: Spellbinder: Land of the Dragon Lord was able to refine the basic idea from the first series, had much better pacing, provided stronger characters and was much more open-minded with it's writting (a girl as the protagonist in action-adventure series aimed mostly for boys just opens the list of improvements). It also avoided being as formulatic and anvilicious as first series, so it aged better.
- Fan Fic Fuel: Given the premise of the show and ending of the second series (The Land of the Dragon Lord establishing two "routes" to other dimensions), you would expect an explosion of fan-fiction. None of this happen. On the other hand, the show predates internet, so there weren't many chances to publicise any fan-ficton.
- Magnificent Bastard: Ashka.
- Newer Than They Think: Everyone in the Land of the Dragon Lord keep on repeating how old and ancient their civilization is... being 400 years old. Ashka laughts at this notion, saying that even Spellbinders rule her world for longer.