A Character sheet for the cast of the beloved Nicktoon KaBlam!. We know that Henry, June and a lot of other characters are subject to Animated Actors, Art Evolution, Curtains Match the Window, Medium Awareness and No Fourth Wall already, so let's consider those covered already. Now let's get rolling.Characters from Action League Now go HERE
open/close all folders
Henry & June segments
Voiced by: Noah SeganHenry started the show as the more "normal" and laid-back host, especially compared to the (at the time) zany June. Eventually, while he was still calmer than June, he became the butt of almost every joke.
- Anime Hair: Just look at his picture.
- Amusing Injuries: And unfortunately for him, he's at the butt of most of them.
- Berserk Button: Usually he's pretty agreeable. Call him a loser or relentlessly tease him, however...(June found this out the hard way when he got fed up with her mocking him and quit in the episode Won't Stick To Most Dental Work).
- Butt Monkey: Oh god, yes.
- Catch Phrase: "What did I do?" and "That's cute, June".
- The Chew Toy: It would seem that the universe hates him.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder
- Flanderization: Compare the early episodes to later on the series. He went from being the Cloudcuckoolander's Minder to the Butt Monkey.
- Disappeared Dad
- Goofy Print Underwear: Revealed every time they announce "Surprising Shorts".
- Green Eyes
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He can be pretty self-occupied at times, even forgetting June's birthday (and making dickish comments after giving her a mood ring). But while he may not show it all the time, he deeply cares about her.
- The Klutz
- Love Hurts: In A Nut In Every Bite, he found himself falling for Mr. Stockdale's visiting granddaughter, Dawn. Unfortunately, he only seemed to be able to charm her by hurting himself. After Dawn leaves:June: I'm sorry she had to leave, Henbud.
Henry: I'm not. She was killing me!
- Minor Insult Meltdown: In Won't Stick To Most Dental Work, he storms off the show after June picks on him too many times.
- No Respect Guy: Although he does occasionally get respect from June (she does have a crush on him).
- Only Sane Man
- Platonic Life Partners: With June, according to Word Of God.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: In the episode Now With More Flava'!, he tries to become a rapper, and fails miserably. But then again... IS he white?
- Puppy Love: With June.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to June's blue.
- Straight Man: In Season 1, to the ditzy and overly-excited early June.
- The Power of Rock: In Your Logo Here, they attempt to make the show more educational by bringing in a singing otter who's more than a little like Barney. His teachings drive the kids crazy, so Henry lures him into a trap by playing a kickass electric guitar solo.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In Won't Stick to Most Dental Work.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With June.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Happens to him a lot. In Won't Stick to Most Dental Work, he quits the show and opens his own restaurant. Despite it being very successful, he quits and returns to the show after seeing how heartbroken June was.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Youthful Freckles
Voiced by: Julia McIlvaineWhile Henry was the calmer and more laid-back host in the early episodes, June was ditzy and just a little crazy. From Season 2 onwards, however, she became a lovable, good-hearted Deadpan Snarker. The only things that stayed the same were her cute looks and fiery temper.
- Art Evolution: Obviously she changed as much as Henry, but inverted a bit. Her ponytail started out more "bushy" until season three-ish, where it became more of it's well-known teardrop-shape.
- Amusing Injuries: Much less prone to it than Henry (and even so, the frequency varies by the season), but she does get her fair share of cartoon violence thrown her way.
- Badass Adorable: On most occasions.
- Berserk Button: Quite a few things piss her off, but don't EVER forget her birthday, unless you want her to make your life a living hell.
- Break the Cutie: In Won't Stick To Most Dental Work, after Henry gets fed up with her teasing him and quits. She starts out reasonably well (if you can call angrily tearing up his letter and stomping on it "reasonably well"), but by the end of the episode, she's in tears because she misses him so much.
- Cloudcuckoolander: In season one. She still has shades of this in Season 2, but becomes more of a Trickster Archetype. She then mellows out considerably in Seasons 3 and 4.
- Cute Bruiser
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Deadpan Snarker: Starting in Season 2.
- Depending on the Writer: Normally, she's a snarky yet good-hearted prankster with an attitude problem - however, in some episodes she's portrayed as a bossy brat. This stopped near the end of the show.
- The Ditz: Only in season 1.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Would Henry picking on and beating her up be as funny?
- Even the Girls Want Her: One Season 4 episode reveals that she has some female fans who are so obsessed with her that they have based their entire appearance off her. And yes, they're as hot-tempered as she is.
- Genius Ditz: In season one. While she was pretty good with technology, in fact making her own inventions sometimes, she was as dumb as a box of rocks.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's bossy, snarky, agressive, bratty, and has a wicked short temper, but she has the biggest heart on the whole show, and has a very soft spot for animals. And despite Henry being the butt of many of her jokes, it's more than implied that she has a crush on him.
- Lethal Chef: Her cooking is so terrible that it got her kicked out of the Logfire Girls.
- Little Miss Badass
- Little Miss Snarker: The PRINCESS of this trope.
- Loving Bully: On some occasions.
- Only Sane Woman: Certainly not in the early episodes, but she slowly starts to grow into this role as the show goes on - especially as the shows begins to emphasize Henry's arrogant Butt Monkey status. By the third and fourth seasons, Henry and June were trading off on this role, and often both played Only Sane Man to another character who was even sillier than they were.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Henry, according to Word Of God.
- Puppy Love: With Henry.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Henry's red.
- Scout Out: The episode The KaBlair! Witch Project reveals that she used to be a "Logfire Girl", but was given the boot for her horrible cooking.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She's shown to be quite beautiful in a dress (as beautiful as the crude art style can get, of course).
- Short Tank: She will wear a dress for more formal occasions, but it's stated in one episode that she dislikes wearing them and only does when she's made to. Which means that her little act in Won't Stick to Most Dental Work was most likely fanservice.
- The Snark Knight
- Tomboy: To the point that a lot of people were shocked to discover that she's a girl.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In season three.
- Took a Level in Kindness: The following (and final) season.
- Tsundere: Type B: She's usually sweet, enjoyable to be around, and laid-back. However, when something bad happens (like Henry giving her crap or something won't go her way), take cover.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: The poster child for this trope.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Her relationship with Henry.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Your Costume Needs Work: In the episode In It To Win It, where she met a group of obsessed, cosplaying fans of hers.
Mr. B. FootThe stagehand of the show, who just so happens to be a Sasquatch. He enjoys beating Henry up, however he will never hurt June.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: He's a sasquatch.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Parodied in one episode.
- The Voiceless: Except for one moment in mid-season one.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: As stated above, he never hurts June - Henry, however, is fair game.
Mr. Fred StockdaleMr. Stockdale is KaBlam!'s elderly network executive, and Dawn's grandfather. While he doesn't make many appearances, each one shows him to be senile, dim, and a bit corrupt.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He's a Take That at executives everywhere: he's got the coherence of a five year old, more senile craziness than Mayor Adam West, and often has absolutely no idea what the show he controls actually is.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: While he's far from villainous, it seems he'll do anything for good ratings.
- Heroic BSOD: Dawn explains that he hasn't been the same since Charlies Angels was canceled.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: In the episode The KaBlair! Witch Project, it's mentioned that he's served in an unspecified war... and several of his actions in the episode show that he still hasn't gotten over it.
Sniz and Fondue
Sniz is a crazy little ferret/cat/thing who loves comic books and motorcycles. Often getting into trouble, his older brother (or roommate) Fondue will try calming him down.
- Anime Hair
- Cartoon Creature
- Catch Phrase: "Snap me down!" and "Cut me an oversized wedge."
- Pretty Butterflies: He had one that died because left it in an airtight jar.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Fondue is Sniz's older brother (or roommate). He's skilled at cooking and drawing. Like Sniz, he's a pretty huge fanboy.
Life with Loopy
Loopicia "Loopy" Cooper
A crazy and imaginative seven-year-old who gets into all sorts of odd situations
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Generally Averted. However, the upside down episode she annoyed her family with pocket fallout and the sound of suction cups.
- Badass Adorable: Sometimes
- Cheerful Child
- Creepy Child: At times. When she was making her "Snow-Lady", she put strawberry ice cream in the snow-lady's head and said "it's her brains!"
- And in the begining of one short, she's shown holding a chainsaw up to one of her toys.
- Danielle Judovits: One of her first roles in animation, actually.
- Friend to All Living Things: And non-living. She made friends with a snow-lady.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her fully name is Loopecia.
- Pretty Butterflies: In Butterfly Loopy she literally became one.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Averted. Unlike June, she is not hot-tempered and bratty, but she's more adventurous and open.
- Who Names Their Kid Loopy?
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Loopy's shy older brother whom Loopy tells all her adventures too, if he wasn't involved.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kinda. He can be mean to Loopy sometimes (like most siblings), but is really warm-hearted.
- Limited Wardrobe: Somewhat averted, as he has two usual outfits.
- The Narrator: For the Life with Loopy shorts.
- Shower Scene: He got one in an early episode (from the waist up, of course). This scene was quite popular with fangirls.
- Spiky Hair
Betty-Anne BongoBetty-Anne is the (unoficial) leader of The Off-Beats.
- Blind Without 'Em: Her without her glasses.
- Dub Name Change: In some dubs, she's named Peggy-Anne (for an unknown reason)
- Image Song: "My name is Betty-Anne Bongo! I Sing this little song-o! I sing it all day long-o!"
- Team Mom
AugustAugust is the brains behind the Off-Beats, however most of his inventions come out wrong.
- Butt Monkey: Sometimes.
- I Just Want to Be Special: He's the only one in the Off-Beats who wants to be popular.
- Innocent Prodigy
- The Smart Guy
RepunzilRepunzil is the ditzier Off-Beat in the show, and loves animals.
- Cloudcuckoolander: "I can't wait till August reaches (in his paddleball record) 1,609! That's my favorite number" * cue eye rolls*
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- The Ditz
- Genki Girl
- Meaningful Name: She has Rapunzel Hair, after all.
- Repunzil Hair
- Who Names Their Kid Repunzil?
TommyTommy is the other boy of the Off-Beats, and loves being outside. Usually very calm, he can yell pretty loud when upset.
- Berserk Button: "I WANT MY COAT!!!!!"
- Nice Hat: That yellow flannel hat he always wears.
- No Indoor Voice: Whenever he's upset.
SeptemberSeptember is August's dog, who's "paid" to like him.
Prometheus and Bob
- Freudian Trio
- Prometheus: Intelligent, strict, and mostly no-nonsense (Superego)
- Bob: Dumb, Gullible, but persuasive (Ego)
- The Monkey: Arrogant, a Jerkass, and a trickster (Id)
PrometheusA purple alien with a remote controlled video camera, trying to teach Bob about various things.
- Ancient Astronauts
- Butt Monkey
- The Unintelligible: Though you can often make out what he says. Incidentally, "Bob" is codenamed such because that's what it sounds like Prometheus is calling him.