open/close all folders
- Absurd Phobia: He is afraid of being stalked by ducks. This is a real phobia.
- Action Survivor: He survived many of his bizarre and dangerous adventures throughout the series.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Towards Nico and Jorel.
- Adorkable: He's pretty cute.
- Agent Mulder: He believed on the "Cotton Woman Legend" along with all kids in school.
- All-Loving Hero: He likes everyone, except for Samantha and William Shostners.
- Author Avatar: His appearance is based off of Juliano Enrico, which also has a more popular brother, but other than that, this trope is averted. His name is also not Juliano.
- Bad Liar: He makes up absurd lies for excuses.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Downplayed; he has nipples and a bellybutton, but has been shown completely naked, and lacked any visible genitals.
- Birds Of Afeather: He and Lara have always stayed together though their lives.
- Everybody calls me Jorel's brother, but my true name is...
- Steve Magaaaal!
- Ana... *sigh* Catariiiinaaa!!!
- The Chew Toy: Often gets hurt.
- Everybody Calls Him "Barkeep": Only known as "Jorel's brother".
- Idiot Hero: He isn't very smart.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The feminine boy to Lara's masculine girl.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his sketchy, funny sounding voice, his singing of "Amor Impossível" is beautiful in "Dormindo Acordado Dormindo".
- Loser Protagonist: Unpopular, dumb, weak, and nobody outside of the family knows and barely cares about his name, not even his best friend, teacher or principal.
- Lovable Coward:
- Motor Mouth: When he tells a story, he speaks really fast.
- Naked People Are Funny: He was seen fully naked once, and it was Played for Laughs.
- Nice Guy
- No Name Given: He is only called Jorel's brother by everyone outside of his family, even by the teacher and principal (who also call other students by their nicknames). Granny Juju told his name to someone else, but even though the person she told it to is a recurring character, he obviously won't call Jorel's brother by the real name (at least on-screen) to keep the mystery on the show.
- The Protagonist: Obviously, as the cartoon is named after him.
- Protagonist Title
- Rubber Man: In the very first episode, he shakes his arms like noodles.
- Single-Target Sexuality: The only girls he shows any feelings to are Ana Catarina and Lara, probably because he knows all the other girls are more interested on his brother Jorel and don't care much about him.
- Sphere Eyes
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: He is shorter than his love interest Ana Catarina.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He dressed as a girl once.
- Would Hit a Girl: He wanted once to take revenge of Samantha by training and then beating her.
- Aerith and Bob: He and his mother Danuza have uncommon names, unlike most around them.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- The Silent Bob: Instead of talking, he just laughs. This is likely because the girls who loved the person who based him thought he lost his charm when talking.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He has the same dark skin and long, pretty hair his mom has. He clearly got his beauty from her.
- Action Mom: When her son misses the school bus, she chases it radically for him.
- Aerith and Bob: She and Jorel have uncommon names, unlike most around them.
- Good Parents
- Hero with a Unique Name: "Danuza" is a pretty uncommon name. It is based on Juliano's mother's name, Denize.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Very curved body. Justified as she is a gymnast.
- Lethal Chef: Her broccoli pie literally blew up.
- No Name Given: In early concepts, she was simply known as "Hairdresser Mommy".
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: When she's called to a reality show, instead of focusing on the questions she keeps thinking about random things like "babosa" (aloe vera). This can be a Stealth Pun as "baboseira" in Portuguese refers to a stupid thing.
- Baby Talk: Jorel's brother meets her when she was a baby, and she says "avocado" in a babyish way.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Don't mess with her garden.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Very random and naive. "I have to water the cactus. So the flower will be born. On the cactus. If i don't water the cactus, the flower won't grow. On the cactus."
- Counterpart Comparison: She's not the only silly character who is yellow among normal colored people.
- Dumb Is Good: While she is laughably naive, she's arguably the nicest in the family.
- Foil: To Granny Gigi, which is much smarter than her.
- Nice Girl: The nicest character in the show.
- Perpetual Smiler: Smiling is her default expression.
- The Pollyanna: It's rare to see her not happy.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Avocado.