, The Protagonist
is a young hitman and Bounty Hunter
who tries pretty much to survive the best he can in a crime-ridden city. The son of the legendary Grim Reaper Roxy, he wields an enormous blade inherited from his mother after her death.
He eventually becomes entangled in the Gang Wars of Nero City after killing one of Gabriella's agents, unknowingly sparking a deadly feud
between Gabriella and Tennouren. A bloody path awaits him, one that might change him forever.
Another Bounty Hunter
of Nero City, he runs into Nichol upon being mistakenly hired for the same assassination job as him and completing the task before him.
One of the many foundlings of the city, he got taken in by an elderly lady who raised him as her own son and who gave him a very strict religious upbringing. He loses his caretaker to Gabriellan Cyclone Claude and swears revenge.
Manipulated by the treacherous Lee Meilang from Tennouren who tells him his father's murderer is none other than Nichol, his thirst for revenge is now greater than ever. But will it bring him peace or will he just become just like the ones he hunts?
Nichol's Loved Ones
Grim Reaper Roxy
A Jackal pioneer and the one of the few females of her kind who survived long enough her life of violence to conceive a child.A loving mother
, she still taught her son all she knew before dying in a last fight before her son's eyes. It's later revealed that she got fixed by Lee Meilang in exchange of her services, a position she doesn't like much but which she can't really escape since Meilang provides her with the remedy that helps her living on.
Nichol and Roxy's mentor who also assists them in their day-to-day life.
Despite being the series' voice of reason, there's not much he can do to stop Nero City and, in turn, Roxy and Nichol's fate from spiralling down to their down.
Gray Fox's ward and Nichol's Love Interest
Rather courageous despite her vulnerability, the fact that so many people used her to get to him prompted Nichol to realize that a man like him would never make her happy and might indeed put her life in unnecessary danger. Doesn't stop her from still caring for Nichol no matter what.
- Action Survivor: She's no fighter but she somehow managed to remain alive all through the series. Having Roxy and Nichol to protect her and Meilang using her as a bargaining chip sure didn't hurt.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Roxy dies on top of her, bleeding abundantly and leaving a scared shitless Sheryl drenched in blood.
- Distressed Damsel: Justified. She received no training whatsoever and accordingly can't fight.
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: Nichol likes her. A lot. But seing his line of work, he eventually prefers leaving her behind forever rather than seeing her hurt because of him.
- Light Feminine: What she is to all the other females of note of the series that all embody the other side of the spectrum.
- Nice Girl: She's a kinda sweet girl who just ends up caught in things that she never wished to be a part of.
- Protectorate: Perhaps the only person, aside from Roxy, for whom Nichol may have a soft spot.
- She's Not My Girlfriend: Nichol's default stance towards her.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Even though Nichol does care about her a great deal, he knows that the life he leads has no place for romance or family. He eventually leaves her to a normal life, going his own way without her.
Blood Witch Domino
Python Lady Arshela
- Always Save the Girl: Domino lampshades this upon fighting her, saying that maybe her success with men was the reason why she would have made it this far. Which appears to be true since Hans saves her and carries her away upon the fall of Gabriella, whereas all the other (male) Gabriellans are dead by the end of the series.
- Designated Girl Fight: Averted. Despite fighting with Domino during the huge Final Battle, their battle is rather violent and serious.
- Femme Fatale: Lampshaded by Domino, upon dying, saying that her dark beauty and her knockout figure was indeed an asset that many a woman would envy.
- Snakes Are Sexy
- Whip It Good: Her sentient, snake-shaped whip.
Flying Monkey Jasper
- The Baroness: You DO NOT want to have her even talk to you. She will either use you or have you killed.
- Big Bad: She's the strongest force on the side of Evil, even though her motives are quite unclear until the end.
- Daddy's Little Villain: ... who ended up killing daddy because he was getting in the way of her plans.
- I Control My Minions Through...: Birthright and Blind Obedience. She's the daughter of the former chief of Tennouren and knows exactly what to say to have people abide.
- Jerkass: She's a bitch, she knows it, she likes it, she's proud of it.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Due to her innate ability to understand people's inner workings, her words are often much more sensible than what you may give her credit for.
- Manipulative Bitch: It's her hobby. She just loves studying people's reactions, motivations and emotions in order to use them against said people for her own personal benefit, or just for the hell of it.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Never fights herself but knows exactly what to say to have people bow to her will. Still, she always surrounds herself with strong fighters in order to protect herself whenever things don't go her way and it notably saved her from getting killed by Huya when she approached him.
- Smug Snake: She's very confident about her level of bitchery.
- Sugary Malice: Her evil is always dipped in honey, but she's still evil.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Shamelessly exploits her sex to stop people from being violent to her, even though she has no qualms about pitting people against one another for her own amusement or to recruit the strongest and most resilient among them.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Bmugly admits to this modus operandi when questioned by Huya, saying.
Raging Bull "Decapitator" Shao
Praying Mantis Yuan
Harold The Devil