, The Protagonist
is a young hitman and Bounty Hunter
who tries pretty much to survive the best he can in a crime-ridden city. The son of the legendary Grim Reaper Roxy, he wields an enormous blade inherited from his mother after her death.
Unsurprisingly, his line of work garnered him quite a few enemies and, as he later finds out, a thirst for revenge from many of his victims' relatives, notably Huya.
He eventually becomes entangled in the Gang Wars of Nero City after killing one of Gabriella's agents, unknowingly sparking a deadly feud
between Gabriella and Tennouren. A bloody path awaits him, one that might change him forever.
Another Bounty Hunter
of Nero City, he runs into Nichol upon being mistakenly hired for the same assassination job as him and completing the task before him.
One of the many foundlings of the city, he got taken in by an elderly lady who raised him as her own son and who gave him a very strict religious upbringing. He loses his caretaker to Gabriellan Cyclone Claude and swears revenge.
Manipulated by the treacherous Lee Meilang from Tennouren who tells him his father's murderer is none other than Nichol, his thirst for revenge is now greater than ever. But will it bring him peace or will he just become just like the ones he hunts?
Nichol's Loved Ones
Grim Reaper Roxy
A Jackal pioneer and the one of the few females of her kind who survived long enough her life of violence to conceive a child.A loving mother
, she still taught her son all she knew before dying in a last fight before her son's eyes. It's later revealed that she got fixed by Lee Meilang in exchange of her services, a position she doesn't like much but which she can't really escape since Meilang provides her with the remedy that helps her living on.
Nichol and Roxy's mentor who also assists them in their day-to-day life.
Despite being the series' voice of reason, there's not much he can do to stop Nero City and, in turn, Roxy and Nichol's fate from spiralling down to their down.
Gray Fox's ward and Nichol's Love Interest
Rather courageous despite her vulnerability, the fact that so many people used her to get to him prompted Nichol to realize that a man like him would never make her happy and might indeed put her life in unnecessary danger. Doesn't stop her from still caring for Nichol no matter what.
- Action Survivor: She's no fighter but she somehow managed to remain alive all through the series. Having Roxy and Nichol to protect her and Meilang using her as a bargaining chip sure didn't hurt.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Roxy dies on top of her, bleeding abundantly and leaving a scared shitless Sheryl drenched in blood.
- Distressed Damsel: Justified. She received no training whatsoever and accordingly can't fight.
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: Nichol likes her. A lot. But seing his line of work, he eventually prefers leaving her behind forever rather than seeing her hurt because of him, .
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Much like Nichol did towards her, she helps him get the strength he desires by prompting him to ask respectfully Inoue to tutor him, even though she knows it will just expose him to more violence and make him shift away from her even more.
- Light Feminine: What she is to all the other females of note of the series that all embody the other side of the spectrum.
- Nice Girl: She's a kinda sweet girl who just ends up caught in things that she never wished to be a part of.
- Protectorate: Perhaps the only person, aside from Roxy, for whom Nichol has a soft spot.
- She's Not My Girlfriend: Nichol's default stance towards her.
- Tsundere: A mild type B towards Nichol.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Even though Nichol does love her, he knows that the life he leads has no place for romance or family. He regretfully leaves her to a normal life, going his own way without her.
Gabriella's second in command but the one with the most direct power over the troops. A charismatic and pragmatic leader, his mere presence commands respect.
Despite his cool, stoic demeanour, he still cares a lot about his comrades and Gabriella in general
. However, he's not so forgiving if someone messes up and his underlings still fear him.
He uses a straight sword in combat and uses a Shadow Walker
technique that allows him to completely disappear from his opponents' perception field and temporarily blend into the dark if the setting is shadowy.
He seldom fights directly but proves more than once that he's a very competent fighter and eventually challenged Nicol to a final showdown where he eventually finds his demise
Gabriella's actual leader that only appears sporadically.
He is seen giving orders to Isaac and often points out that his delusions about driving away Tennouren will likely not amount to anything. He and Isaac are long time acquaintances.
Never seen in battle but he appears to be just as manipulative as Meilang, even though he's more of a strategist than a fan of screwing with people's minds.
- Bigger Bad: Ranks higher than Isaac in terms of authority but has little influence on the story as a whole.
- Non-Action Bigger Bad: Doesn't fight himself but, unlike most other instances, seems quite capable of doing so.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Appears to the world as the short, plump mayor of Nero city. Changes to a much more athletic and imposing build when in "Don Salieri mode".
Blood Witch Domino
The former head of "The Cavern", Gabriella's drug dealing section, she's quick to defect for Tennouren, since they apparently pay better.
Selfish, sociopathic and a sadist at heart, she's also a Torture Technician
who derives arousal from torturing her victims. Even though she wears a typical witch hat, she doesn't seem to use any form of magic whatsoever.
Her shtick is mostly being able to cheat death since she seems to be able to cast an illusion about where her heart is. She eventually dies in her fight against Arshela since Cornelio figured out her trick
Python Lady Arshela
- Always Save the Girl: Domino lampshades this upon fighting her, saying that maybe her success with men was the reason why she would have made it this far. Which appears to be true since Hans saves her and carries her away upon the fall of Gabriella, whereas all the other (male) Gabriellans are dead by the end of the series.
- Designated Girl Fight: Averted. Despite fighting with Domino during the huge Final Battle, their battle is rather violent and serious.
- Femme Fatale: Lampshaded by Domino, upon dying, saying that her dark beauty and her knockout figure was indeed an asset that many a woman would envy.
- Snakes Are Sexy
- Whip It Good: Her sentient, snake-shaped whip.
Flying Monkey Jasper
- The Baroness: You DO NOT want to have her even talk to you. She will either use you or have you killed.
- Big Bad: She's the strongest force on the side of Evil, even though her motives are quite unclear until the end.
- Daddy's Little Villain: ... who ended up killing daddy because he was getting in the way of her plans.
- I Control My Minions Through...: Birthright and Blind Obedience. She's the daughter of the former chief of Tennouren and knows exactly what to say to have people abide.
- Jerkass: She's a bitch, she knows it, she likes it, she's proud of it.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Due to her innate ability to understand people's inner workings, her words are often much more sensible than what you may give her credit for.
- Manipulative Bitch: It's her hobby. She just loves studying people's reactions, motivations and emotions in order to use them against said people for her own personal benefit, or just for the hell of it.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Never fights herself but knows exactly what to say to have people bow to her will. Still, she always surrounds herself with strong fighters in order to protect herself whenever things don't go her way and it notably saved her from getting killed by Huya when she approached him.
- Pet the Dog: Forcing Sheryl to escape the crumbling building at the end of the series, to fulfill her promise to Roxy to protect her is both this and Pragmatic Villainy. While Nichol and Huya both hate her, they would have been reluctant to kill her with Sheryl so close to her. That said, Meilang could have easily left her to die and Roxy would have never known about it.
- Smug Snake: She's very confident about her level of bitchery.
- Sugary Malice: Her evil is always dipped in honey, but she's still evil.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Shamelessly exploits her sex to stop people from being violent to her, even though she has no qualms about pitting people against one another for her own amusement or to recruit the strongest and most resilient among them.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Smugly admits to this modus operandi when questioned by Huya, saying.
Raging Bull "Decapitator" Shao
Praying Mantis Yuan
Harold The Devil