open/close all folders
Dr. Tal A. Kinesis
Dr. Tal A. Kinesis is an aspiring supervillain with telekinetic powers. He's shooting for world domination, with the alleged goal of "creating a world where people can trust each other." He still seems to be struggling after parting ways with his ex-partner William. Can't seem to spit out his feelings for his second-in-command.Tropes which apply to Kinesis:
- Anime Hair
- Deadpan Snarker
- Not That Kind of Doctor
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Kinesis keeps his identity secret from his family. They think he's a banker.
- Hates Being Touched
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With his ex-business partner, Will.
- Insufferable Genius
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: What rightfully happens when Stan attempts to use his telekenesis to fire off multiple guns at once.
- Mad Scientist
- Mind over Matter: Kinesis can carry up to 11kg of weight with the power of his telekinesis chip.
- Out Of Character Is Serious Business: Chapter 16 has her touch Ms. Evanson which is a complete break of character. It shows, particularly in light of Lemon and Lime's break-up, that Stanley has learned to truly care for (rather than simply endure) at least one human being.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Super Villain
- Villain Protagonist
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: An experiment gone wrong altered his natural hair color. He dyes it brown when he needs to be Stanley Hurst.
Kinesis' second in command and engineer, now also the head of the minions (or "Head Minion," though she'd really prefer not to be called that). After being shunted from job to job, she finally found work with Kinesis, the two bonding over their mutual disrespect for society's limits on science. She's very open about her feelings for her boss, but there's not much to be done about them until he can come to terms with his own side of the relationship.Tropes which apply to Alice:
- Fiery Redhead
- Hypercompetent Sidekick
- Only Sane Employee: That's the spirit! I guess.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Though she adapts really fast.
- Number Two
- Parents as People: Alice's parents are a fine couple but their parenting ideologies clashed hard enough to tear the family apart.
- Rapunzel Hair: When she was a teenager. Cut after her near death experience.
- Supporting Protagonist
- Team Mom: To the minions.
- Unfazed Everyman: Even in a world where superheroics are the norm she takes the idea of working for a super villain remarkably well.
- Workplace-Acquired Abilities: Alice came in to the super-villain gig fully trained and ready to act as an engineer for a mad scientist. How? Destroying every place she's ever worked in as a mundane engineer who always wanted to improve the existing designs.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Something about boiling your landlord in fruitcake will limit your options in reintegrating with society.
Stan and Will's old college friend who grew up to marry Lime and open a black market for super villains. Helped establish Stan into the world of super villainy.Tropes which apply to Lemon and Lime:
- Arms Dealer: Their chosen profession in the black market.
- Berserk Button: Don't make a move on either one of them. At least not when the other's around. In Chapter 14 it is implied that those who make sexual comments about the pair on hero forums end up going missing.
- Happily Married: As of Chapter 16 the "Happily" part may have vanished"
- Les Yay: Canon. Lemon and Lime are a married couple.
- Secret Identity: Her real name is "Gwen", both of the wives prefer to going by their villain names though.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Until Chapter 16
- Unholy Matrimony
LemonLime's wife and partner in crime for their joint black market business for supervillains. Met Stan and Will in college.
- Berserk Button: Misusing firearms in her presence.
- Gun Nut: Lemon is very motherly when it comes to her guns.
- Happily Married: Though she walked out on her wife in Chapter 16.
- Secret Identity: Her real name is "Mae", like her wife she prefers going by her villain name.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Until Chapter 16
- Unholy Matrimony
- Yandere: Due to her Gun Nut status and the fates of those who sexually harass the pair online, Lemon is most certainly sweet on the outside and murderous on the inside.
Kinesis' prank-loving computer. While it enjoys bossing the minions about and other perks of working in a mad scientist's lab, it does to be increasingly perturbed by Kinesis' descent into villaindom. In Chapter 8 it was revealed that Computer is the uploaded personality of Stan's former partner, Will.Tropes which apply to Computer:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: One would doubt Kinesis intentionally designed Computer to be a sarcastic smartass.
- Ambiguous Gender
- Brain Uploading: Computer is really the uploaded personality of Stan's former partner, Will.
- Break the Cutie: Tragic Backstory
- Living Emotional Crutch: For both Stanley and Alice.
- Personality Chip
- "Second Law" My Ass!
- Snarky Non-Human Sidekick
- Talking Appliance Sidekick
- Virtual Ghost: Of William
Kinesis' army of hired help. They all wear matching uniforms and try to follow orders as best they can. Very few stand up as individual characters besides one unfortunate captain and "Patty McLightfoot"Tropes which apply to The Minions:
Amazingman, a.k.a. Kevin Kolton
A college student who accidentally stumbles upon Kinesis' upgraded telekenesis chip, using it to become Urbane City's first superhero: Amazingman. Quiet but athletic, Kevin's low on brains, but big on heart.Tropes which apply to Kevin:
- Alliterative Name
- All-Loving Hero: Kevin is a cinnamon roll and holds great optimism for his murderer cousin and that confirmed super villain woman he met at the bank once. Kevin seems the sort to see the good in all things. In Chapter 16 he insists on saving Alice from villainy even while she has a gun trained on him.
- Arch-Enemy: He has become Kinesis' after seeing him mistreat Alice live on television.
- Book Dumb
- Break the Cutie: May aswell be Chapter 7's alternate title.
- Broken Pedestal: When he realizes The Company is not a justice society but an entertainment business.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S"
- Calling Your Attacks: The minions don't take him seriously as a hero until he starts doing this.
- Character Focus: A couple chapters are devoted to Kevin.
- The Cape
- Create Your Own Villain: Reversed- Kinesis' chip gave Kevin superpowers.
- Hero Antagonist
- Idiot Hero: Does not know the difference between telekenesis and telepathy. Urbane City's savior, everyone!
- Immune to Bullets: Thanks to the aid of a device given to him by Emily Ashley.
- Megaton Punch: Using telekinesis on his own fist he can attack using the AMAZINGPUNCH!
- Super Hero
- Work Off the Debt: Thanks to his new cybernetic spine he is in crippling debt to The Company which he must work off as a superhero.
Maro FukudaKevin's enthusiastic best friend. His demeanor is composed of equal parts excitement and paranoia. He adamantly supports Kevin's venture into heroics, and was the one to sew Kevin's costume.Tropes which apply to Maro:
- Badass Cape: After making Kevin's costume, Maro gives a mini-rant on the importance of capes. Unfortunately, he seems to have capes mixed up with a towel.
- Conspiracy Theorist: The government, man!
Faith SinghKevin's other best friend. More practical than Maro, she's concerned about the inherent dangers of the empowered lifestyle. She reportedly engages in rather dubious activities online.Tropes which apply to Faith:
Universe ManS Ranked and founding member of The Company active since 1948. Most information regarding him is classified, he is assumed to be some kind of robot. Kinesis got to see him up close and personal once before becoming a villain.Tropes which apply to Universe Man:
Emily "Emmie Oakley" AshleyRetired hero and president of the United States of America.Tropes which apply to Emily:
Andrew "Agent" Cross
A brooding gun-wielding hero who works with The Company and serves as the president's bodyguard. As a hero he is bulky and scarred due to prospethics and cybernetics, in actuality he is quite small in stature. He is a genius capable of designing "Crosstech" cybernetics, including Kevin's new spine.Tropes which apply to Agent:
- Badass Longcoat
- Canon Immigrant: Another version of Andrew appears in morphE where he is a cursed mage. They are clearly seperate characters though both equally "badass".
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Without his prosphetics he is tiny compared to the other heroes.
- Sailor's Ponytail
- Science Hero: Developer of Crosstech which he uses to become Agent.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork
- Work Off the Debt: Much like Kevin, Andrew is in debt to The Company and heroing to work off his bills.
S Ranked hero capable of triggering radioactive combustion. Was responsible for the first Superhero murder trial creating the legal precident of lethal force. The kind of jerk who would smoke on a space station.Tropes which apply to Blast Radius:
- All There in the Manual: Information on Blast Radius' classified kill count can be found in the April Fools visual novel.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In the April Fools visual novel update where Anguish and Meat Shield play chess and discuss the history of The Company.
- Establishing Character Moment: When he first shows up in the main comic he lights up a cigarette in a hospital waiting room, berates Agent and Kevin and his character introduction box proudly states "Kill Count: Classified".
- Good Is Not Nice: Is the reason there is legal precident for lethal force.
- Jerkass: Lights up cigarettes in a space station and extinguishes the butt in a vodka bottle.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
StellaStella is a high ranking hero in The Company with the powers of a mind witch, a race of humanoids capable of taping into the collective unconscious.Tropes which apply to Stella:
- Absolute Cleavage
- Anime Hair
- Green-Skinned Space Babe
- Stripperiffic: Her superhero outfit for branding purposes. She despises it.
Cage MatchA high level hero in The Company of Russian descent.Tropes which apply to Cage Match
Hendrick "Meat Shield" RakoveAn older retired hero who maintains a friendship with Anguish. Taught a human anatomy class in college that Stan and Will attended. He is capable of regenerating any injury.
AnguishAnguish is a distinguished villain who keeps a close watch on all the goings on in the hero and villain world. Spends his spare time browsing the internet with the hero fandom.Tropes which apply to Anguish:
WilliamStanley's best friend and the co-founder of Global Endeavours. During the flashback chapter he was shown to have walked out on the business after Kinesis finished the first design of the upgraded telekenesis chip. He has been shown to still be in contact with Stan though the details of their current relationship have not been made clear yet. This is later proven to be incorrect, and that he is actually dead, though his personality lives on in Computer.Tropes which apply to Will:
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: He walks out on Stanley and takes the designs for the Beta Chip because he feels Stan takes all the glory and positive effects of their research.
- This turns out to not be true. Will died in an experiment gone wrong, but Computer/Will told Dr. Kinesis to tell Alice that story so she wouldn't freak out and leave.
- Kill the Cutie