open/close all folders
Dr. Tal A. Kinesis
Dr. Tal A. Kinesis is an aspiring supervillain with telekinetic powers. He's shooting for world domination, with the alleged goal of "creating a world where people can trust each other." He still seems to be struggling after parting ways with his ex-partner William. Can't seem to spit out his feelings for his second-in-command.Tropes which apply to Kinesis:
- Deadpan Snarker
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Kinesis keeps his identity secret from his family. They think he's a banker.
- Hates Being Touched
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With his ex-business partner, Will.
- Insufferable Genius
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: What rightfully happens when Stan attempts to use his telekenesis to fire off multiple guns at once.
- Mad Scientist
- Mind over Matter: Kinesis can carry up to 11kg of weight with the power of his telekinesis chip.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Super Villain
- Villain Protagonist
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: An experiment gone wrong altered his natural hair color. He dyes it brown when he needs to be Stanley Hurst.
Kinesis' second in command and engineer, now also the head of the minions (or "Head Minion," though she'd really prefer not to be called that). After being shunted from job to job, she finally found work with Kinesis, the two bonding over their mutual disrespect for society's limits on science. She's very open about her feelings for her boss, but there's not much to be done about them until he can come to terms with his own side of the relationship.Tropes which apply to Alice:
- Fiery Redhead
- Hypercompetent Sidekick
- Only Sane Employee: That's the spirit! I guess.
- Number Two
- Team Mom: To the minions.
- Unfazed Everyman: Even in a world where superheroics are the norm she takes the idea of working for a super villain remarkably well.
Lemon and Lime
Old college friends of Kinesis, who run a black market business for super villains. Each is rarely seen without the other, and when they are apart, they're usually still working in tandem.Tropes which apply to Lemon and Lime:
- Arms Dealer: Their chosen profession in the black market.
- Berserk Button: Don't make a move on either one of them. At least not when the other's around.
- Also, don't mishandle guns when Lemon's about. She's a stickler for Gun Safety.
- Gun Nut: Lemon is very motherly when it comes to her guns.
- Les Yay: Canon. Lemon and Lime are a married couple.
- Secret Identity: Their real first names are "Mae" and "Gwen," respectively. They seem to prefer their villain names,calling each other by those rather then their real ones.
- Yandere: Either one for the other.
Kinesis' prank-loving computer. While it enjoys bossing the minions about and other perks of working in a mad scientist's lab, it does to be increasingly perturbed by Kinesis' descent into villaindom. In Chapter 8 it was revealed that Computer is the uploaded personality of Stan's former partner, Will.Tropes which apply to Computer:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: One would doubt Kinesis intentionally designed Computer to be a sarcastic smartass.
- Ambiguous Gender
- Brain Uploading: Computer is really the uploaded personality of Stan's former partner, Will.
- Break the Cutie: Tragic Backstory
- Personality Chip
- Second Law My Ass
- Snarky Non-Human Sidekick
- Talking Appliance Sidekick
- Virtual Ghost: Of William
The MinionsKinesis' army of hired help. They all wear matching uniforms and try to follow orders as best they can. Very few stand up as individual characters besides one unfortunate captain and "Patty McLightfoot"Tropes which apply to The Minions:
Amazingman, a.k.a. Kevin Kolton
A college student who accidentally stumbles upon Kinesis' upgraded telekenesis chip, using it to become Urbane City's first superhero: Amazingman. Quiet but athletic, Kevin's low on brains, but big on heart.Tropes which apply to Kevin:
- Alliterative Name
- Arch-Enemy: He has become Kinesis' after seeing him mistreat Alice live on television.
- Book Dumb
- Break the Cutie: May aswell be Chapter 7's alternate title.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S"
- Calling Your Attacks: The minions don't take him seriously as a hero until he starts doing this.
- The Cape
- Create Your Own Villain: Reversed- Kinesis' chip gave Kevin superpowers.
- Hero Antagonist
- Idiot Hero: Does not know the difference between telekenesis and telepathy. Urbane City's savior, everyone!
- Immune to Bullets: Thanks to the aid of a device given to him by Emily Ashley.
- Megaton Punch: Using telekinesis on his own fist he can attack using the AMAZINGPUNCH!
- Super Hero
Maro FukudaKevin's enthusiastic best friend. His demeanor is composed of equal parts excitement and paranoia. He adamantly supports Kevin's venture into heroics, and was the one to sew Kevin's costume.Tropes which apply to Maro:
- Badass Cape: After making Kevin's costume, Maro gives a mini-rant on the importance of capes. Unfortunately, he seems to have capes mixed up with a towel.
- Conspiracy Theorist: The government, man!
Faith SinghKevin's other best friend. More practical than Maro, she's concerned about the inherent dangers of the empowered lifestyle. She reportedly engages in rather dubious activities online.Tropes which apply to Faith:
WilliamStanley's best friend and the co-founder of Global Endeavours. During the flashback chapter he was shown to have walked out on the business after Kinesis finished the first design of the upgraded telekenesis chip. He has been shown to still be in contact with Stan though the details of their current relationship have not been made clear yet. This is later proven to be incorrect, and that he is actually dead, though his personality lives on in Computer.Tropes which apply to Will:
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: He walks out on Stanley and takes the designs for the Beta Chip because he feels Stan takes all the glory and positive effects of their research.
- This turns out to not be true. Will died in an experiment gone wrong, but Computer/Will told Dr. Kinesis to tell Alice that story so she wouldn't freak out and leave.
- Kill the Cutie