The main protagonist of this story. A cool and calm Blue Oni
- Agent Scully: Skeptical of the idea that Quinn's dad really has made an extraterrestrial discovery.
- All Love Is Unrequited: To Sara, based on his flashback montage.
- Almighty Idiot: Alex's speech changes from high level, scientific jargon to casual, slang-ridden speech after contact with the tetrahedron.
- Blatant Lies: The tetrahedron is now a useless rock.
- The Chessmaster: With the tetrahedron.
- Hidden Depths: Dons a rather terrifying Slasher Smile when taking hold of the invisible extraterrestrial object, something quite unexpected for someone like him. He also has an uncle who does testing for the military, something not even Quinn knew about him, despite all the years he has known him (which he may or may not have been lying about).
- Facial Horror: After not taking a single hit from famed karate master Matt, Alex gets treated to a disfiguring punch, courtesy of Meredith.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Talks about how he'll finally have Sara as a result of the object which caused his personality to dramatically shift.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Represents his calmer character.
- Just as Planned: Lampshaded in page 30.
- Literal-Minded: Lampshaded when Quinn calls him "Mr. Literal".
- Like a Son to Me: He's this to Quinn's dad. A whole lot more than Quinn would've appreciated.
- Love Makes You Evil: Due to Sara and/or the tetrahedron...
- Prince Charming Wannabe: Towards Sara.
- Blue Oni: To Quinn's Red. While Quinn was making a cheerful pose for the last day of school, he only made a calm smile.
- The Spock: Interested by science and logic, doesn't show a lot of emotion, and seems to be someone who does science and math for fun. For example, in the preview page, he is doing a 5x5 Rubik's Cube while smiling.
- Slasher Smile: A common trait of his when under the tetrahedron's influence.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Is the case whenever he's in contact with the tetrahedron. In comparison to before, he's become much more bold, cocky and rude to those he's spoken with.
- Double subverted after taking Meredith's punch; i.e. apologizes for being a dick over the phone in the morning, then attempts to deceive Quinn.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: After grabbing the tetrahedron, which has been shown to grant Time Travel powers, he shows a dramatic personality shift.
Alex's much happier best friend. His dad searches for extraterrestrial objects and Quinn is always there to support him.
An athletic girl from Alex's class. Foils Alex in many ways (though she ironically has the same eye color). While Alex is stiff and stressed, she's carefree. While Alex only smiled at the end of school, she stomped on the ground with such glee that her desk even got air (much to the horror of a student watching
. She believes Alex just needs to relax.