Characters: Cyrano de Bergerac
open/close all folders
Cyrano de Bergerac
- Beast and Beauty: In Cyrano's eyes, at least, but without the beast being made beautiful, as he lampshades.
- Berserk Button: His nose.
- Betty and Veronica: The loving but unattractive Betty to the foreign and beautiful Christian. Subverted in that most of Christian's mystique is courtesy of Cyrano himself.
- Be Yourself: Averted. His Fatal Flaw is his insistence on avoiding this.
- Birds of a Feather: With Roxane.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Broken Ace
- Bullying a Dragon: A frequent "victim" of this ploy.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday
- Buy Them Off
- Cannot Spit It Out
- Deadpan Snarker: A legendary one. In a World of Snark, he's hands down the snarkiest, and will easily upstage any who claim otherwise.
- Caustic Critic
- Conspicuous Consumption
- Did Not Get the Girl
- Dirty Coward: Cyrano considers himself one because he Cannot Spit It Out.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Please don’t dare. Seriously, don’t.
- Duels Decide Everything
- Establishing Character Moment
- Excuse Me While I Multitask:
- Expy: Of Crisóstomo, a character from Don Quixote.
- Fatal Flaw: He believes it to be his humongous nose, but in reality it's his vanity that causes him to think this way. He only comes to realize that it was his vanity holding him back all along in his final scene.
- Gag Nose
- Genius Bruiser
- Gentleman Snarker
- Gonk: A self-admitted one, though there's some heavy suggestion that this is simply him being self-concious as a gew women are shown being attracted to him.
- The Grotesque
- Grumpy Bear
- Honor Before Reason
- I Can't Believe A Girl Like You Would Notice Me
- Impoverished Patrician
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- The Last DJ
- Manly Tears
- Master Swordsman: Likely the best in the world.
- Master of All: Pretty much good at everything other than having a big nose.
- One-Man Army
- Renaissance Man
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!
- Secret Stab Wound
- Small Name, Big Ego: In-Universe
- Starving Artist
- Stepford Smiler: Type A
- Unlucky Childhood Friend
- Warrior Poet
Madeleine "Roxane" Robin
Baron Christian de Neuvillette
Count de Guiche
Captain Carbon de Castel-Jaloux
Viscount De Valvert
The Gascon Cadets