Anti-Virus units in general:
- Energy Beings
- Knight Templar
- La Résistance Actually they're The Empire
- Lawful Neutral
- Light 'em Up
- Weakness: Casting a Shadow
- No Sell: Against Reality Warping as well as time-based powers. You gotta give them the old-fashioned beatdown to defeat them.
- Reality Warper: Some of them can do this. Then again, it's useless in Metaspace as Metas are immune to reality warping itself.
- Space Police
- Sufficiently Advanced Alien
Arc Angle (your character)
- Achilles' Heel: Can't do jack against direct contact physical attacks. He also needs an enemy's projectiles or Instant Runes to be present in order to attack the enemy.
- Always Accurate Attack
- Attack Reflector
- Counter Attack
- Deadpan Snarker
- Defector from Decadence: In the final stage.
- Energy Being
- Fatal Flaw: Too naive and trusting of others. He becomes the Unwitting Pawn of Xero-Fin because of this.
- Glass Cannon
- Holy Hand Grenade
- Homing Projectile: His holy bullets, which seek the enemy For Great Justice.
- Lawful Good
- Light is Good: Perhaps the only righteous character in the entire game.
- Light The Way
- Meaningful Name
- My Country, Right or Wrong
- My Rules Are Not Your Rules: Against characters that use Instant Runes. He can also turn those into holy bullets.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder
- One-Man Army
- Phlebotinum Rebel: He is the first unit to utilize the Angle of Light, a weapon that could counter enemy firepower. And he goes rogue at the end of the game. Unfortunately, the Enforcers already managed to replicate his ability, as seen in MESH.
- Unwitting Pawn
- All Your Powers Combined: He uses attacks of the previous six bosses. Fridge Brilliance when you realize that the sin of Pride is the source of the other six.
- 1st attack: He sends his Vigil Lances to attack you while he slacks off, similar to the System Of Slumber
- 2nd attack: He fires out a lot of blue and cyan shots, then turns them into "diamonds", like Aurum's "gold change" ability
- 3rd attack: Sends out a lot of Combat Tentacles that home in on you, like Bio-Cardiac.
- 4th attack: Attempts to suck you in while firing out a load of projectiles, in the same vein as Void Warp
- 5th attack: Goes into the background to sweep the screen with lasers, similar to Crabburn
- 6th attack: Extends his own, lethal version of the Angle of Light around him, just like Fallen Angle's angle.
- Background Boss: During his Desperation Attack
- BFS: Wields four large ones that circle him.
- Blade on a Stick: They turn into spears in his one of his attacks.
- Big Bad: He was behind all the terrorist attacks as he collaborated with the Defiance!
- Big Good: Or so he would like you to believe.
- The Chessmaster
- Quad Wielding
- Final Boss
- Lawful Evil
- Light is Not Good: He wouldn't mind destroying millions of innocents just to rule over the domain.
- Light The Way/Holy Hand Grenade
- Magnificent Bastard
- Meaningful Name: His name is taken from Seraphim.
- Mission Control
- Pillar of Light: His ultimate attack summons a lot of them.
- Power Floats
- Pride: He represents the sin of Pride. To wit- Xero-Fin gets Defiance terrorists to terrorize much of the domain so that Arc Angle would destroy them, and Xero-Fin would get the glory and recognition!
- Storm of Blades: He uses his Vigil Lances in this manner.
- Sword Beam: Used as one of his Desperation Attacks.
Defiance in general:
- Bomb-Throwing Anarchists: Especially in Fury.
- Seven Deadly Sins: Six of them. See Enforcers for the last one.
Stage 1: Apathy
System of Slumber
- "WE PROTECT THE SLEEPING SPIRE. DEFILERS LIKE YOU SHALL BE SENT TO ETERNAL REST!"
- An Ice Person
- Background Boss
- Crosshair Aware
- Death from Above: Shoots icy meteors that rain from above. Or rise from below. Trouble is, said meteors leave a trail of icy shots.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: These things are essentially rectangular boxes of death.
- Warm-Up Boss
- Wolfpack Boss: The first Mini-Boss, and there's already three of them. No biggie.
- "Look, just let me have my rest, ok? ...zzz"
- Background Boss: The entire fight.
- Dimension Lord
- Flunky Boss: He may not be able to attack, but he has friends that help him.
- Lazy Bum: Represents the sin of Sloth. All it wants to do is to stay in sleep mode.
- Reality Warper: He can't be bothered to use such powers, though.
- Stationary Boss
- Warm-Up Boss
Stage 2: Lucre
- "Arr! Money's here, boys! Man the cannons!"
- Background Boss
- Bandit Mook: Has a credit-siphoning attack. Yep, a train just stole your money!
- Battleship Raid: The train's armor itself is made up of 8 different enemies.
- BFG: Four huge cannons on its side.
- Cool Train
- Crosshair Aware: Especially when it does its big cannon attack.
- Death In All Directions: One of the weapons on its side shoots a circle of giant shots around you that close in. And those shots fire out even more shots!
- The Highwayman: Like its namesake suggests. It attacks you alongside a highway leading out of the city.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Another of the weapons on its side shoots this out.
- Meaningful Name: A highwayman is a type of thief, the Highwayman is a bandit train.
- Mook Maker / Enemy Summoner: Can spawn bandits to attack you. It doesn't do this often, so it doesn't count as Flunky Boss.
- More Dakka: The four rapid fire guns on the top will strafe the background, avoid this at all costs.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: What you get if you cross a train, handcar, and pirate ship. It's also an Energy Being from Cyberspace.
- Sequential Boss
- Shows Damage: Parts of it break off as it takes damage.
- "Don't worry... I shall relieve you of your riches, before I relieve you of your life..."
- All Webbed Up: Can shoot a net-thing at you, this slows you down for a few seconds. He also has a yellow variant that steals your money too!
- Bandit Mook: Can steal you money via webs.
- Gemstone Assault: Throws the Hard Light equivalent of gold and jewels at you.
- Giant Spider
- Greed: Opens warpholes outside Metaspace to drag rich people in, kill them, and take their money. It also runs the corrupted city for the Defiance. In-game, it steals your money- as if being made of money wasn't enough.
- Improbable Weapon User: See Gemstone Assault.
- Kaizo Trap: Subverted. When defeated, it explodes into a near-impossible to avoid shower of bullets. However, you become invincible as soon as you beat a boss- too bad for him.
- Meaningful Name: Aurum is the latin name for Gold.
- Sequential Boss: First half has it swinging from the ceiling, second form has it on the ground in a Spider Tank form.
- Shout-Out: Its first phase has two attack patterns that resembles the attacks of Morph Moth's coccoon form.
- Spider Tank: The second half of the fight.
- Wave Motion Gun: Gilded Beam, used in both phases of the fight.
Stage 3: Seduction
- "You've come just in time. My tentacles need something to play with..."
- Anything That Moves: "You're no fun! I'm off to do more pleasurable things". Said "pleasurable things" probably involve using tentacles on his minions.
- Beat Still, My Heart: It's a beating, dismembered heart-like being.
- Bloody Murder: Sends out heart-shaped blood cells that try to "molest" the player.
- Combat Tentacles: May double as tentacles for naughty purposes, given that it represents the sin of Lust.
- Eye Beams: Which look like a male's reproductive organ...
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: Appears as the miniboss, then runs away after you beat its four large tentacles. In the Boss battle against it, it will try to run away after its health gets low.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Keeps stating about how it wants to have "fun" and "pleasure".
- Giant Eye of Doom
- Lust: Keeps stating about how it wants to have "fun" and "pleasure" with you. Then it attacks you with Combat Tentacles...
- Meaningful Name
- Mini-Boss: He doubles as both the boss and miniboss of the stage.
- Mook Maker: Spawns out the enemies that you fight during the stage.
- Shout-Out: Could be one to the heart boss of Contra.
- Stationary Boss
- The Virus: Has infected a section of Metaspace with an organic virus.
Stage 4: Hunger
Shoop Da Whoop
- "IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!! BLARRRRRRRR!!!"
- Breath Weapon: It's Shoop Da Whoop...
- Eye Beams: His eyes fire projectiles.
- Large Ham: IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
- Last Breath Bullet: Literally. He fires a final LAZOR when it goes down.
- Wave Motion Gun: But of course.
- Weapons That Suck: When he CHARGES HIS LAZOR, he tries to suck you into his mouth.
- "SURROUND HIM!!!"
- Attack Its Weak Point: Like the turret ring in R-Type, destroying the core defeats the entire Null Squad.
- Power of the Void: Summons a black hole as a Desperation Attack.
- Shout-Out: To the turret ring enemy from R-Type.
- The Walls Are Closing In: If left alive for too long, the circle starts to close inwards.
- Wave Motion Gun: The middle core uses a large laser, while the side turrets fire their own laser as well.
- Wolfpack Boss: You fight 10 turrets along with the main core!
- Doomsday Device: Considering that it ate an entire dimension...
- Gravity Master
- Gravity Sucks: Attempts to suck the player in!
- Power of the Void
- Puzzle Boss: You defeat it by destroying the machines that "feed" it with bullets.
- Unrealistic Black Hole
- Turns Red: Once two adjacent generators are destroyed, it starts chasing after you!
- Villainous Glutton: It ate up most of the dimension!
- Its ability also fits in with the "wasting" part of Gluttony- it eats the shots that the generators create, but spits them back out as hard-to-destroy black bullets!
- Yin-Yang Bomb: It normally sucks you in and fires out black bullets, but every now and then it turns into a white hole, pushes you away and fires out white bullets.
Stage 5: Fury
- Death from Above
- Epic Flail: Has a giant wrecking ball which it uses to destroy the highway.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Its most dangerous attack.
- Attack Its Weak Point: Its mouth is vulnerable when it opens up.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The screen zooms out to show that it towers over all the skyscrapers in the city. It's the largest opponent that you will face in the entire game!
- Background Boss
- Breath Weapon
- Bubble Gun: Spits out bubbles... of a napalm-like substance.
- David vs. Goliath: One one corner... a floating ship about half the size of a human. On the other... a monster crab that towers over entire cities, and would probably make Godzilla, Giant Bowser and any of the 16 Colossi shake in fear.
- EightLeggedCrab: Crabburn has eight legs like a normal crab, but lacks a pair of pincers. The pincers were supposed to be added in, but the creator had no time.
- Eye Beams: More like eye-flamethrowers.
- Fun with Acronyms: Its P.R.A.W.N. tactical nuke (Plasma Radiated Atomic War Nuke).
- Giant Enemy Crab: With the emphasis on Giant and Enemy. To wit: Crabburn's leg thickness is wider than the height of a skyscraper!
- Macross Missile Massacre/Death from Above: Sends out a slew of missiles from the hatches on its head. Some of them will speed past you while firing out shots, others will hit the ground and erupt into a Pillar of Light.
- Meaningful Name: It's a Giant Enemy Crab that burns cities!
- Monster of the Week: Averted, it's a terrorist unit of the Defiance.
- Nuke 'em: Fires out a prawn-looking nuke from its head. If this hits the ground before you destroy it, you die regardless of position on the screen.
- Playing with Fire
- Unstoppable Rage: This thing is rampaging through your home city, devastating it with destructive force and warheads. The only thing in its programing are rage and mindless destruction. Represents the sin of Wrath.
Stage 6: Spite
- Always Accurate Attack: If you get caught in his angle, he will fire out his dark bullets, which will home in on you and kill you if you do not counter them in time. Thankfully, the dark bullets can be countered.
- Defeat Means Friendship: In the final stage, he gives Arc Angle his shadow powers in order for AA to defeat Xero-Fin
- Face–Heel Turn: Joins the Defiance just because he was jealous of your war efforts! and also because he found out Xero-Fin's true intentions.
- Good Bad Bugs: Due to a mistake in the programmer's coding, he only has 12 hp instead of 1250. Cue Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He represents the sin of Envy in this game, and wishes to delete Arc Angle because Arc was treated so well by Xero-Fin.
- Light The Way: Throws his powers away for darkness.
- Redemption Equals Death: After his defeat, he gets impaled by Xero-Fin's Vigil Lance. Given that Vigil Lances are based off the Holy Lance of Longinus, he doesn't survive for long. But he manages to tell you Xero-Fin's true intentions before dying.
- Rush Boss: He has the lowest amount of health of all the bosses, but his attacks can drain away your lives pretty quickly. Plus, he teleports away if there are about 6 or so Holy Bullets on screen, making your holy bullets miss!
- Teleport Spam: If you counter too many of his bullets at one go, he teleports away, making all of them miss. Grr.
- The Rival
- Wave Motion Gun: Of pure Darkness!