Dylan Hunt (Kevin Sorbo)
"The long night has come. The systems commonwealth - the greatest civilization in History - has fallen. But now, one ship, one crew has vowed to drive back the night and rekindle the light. On the starship Andromeda, hope lives again."
Dylan, Season 1 Opening Narration
- Shout-Out to Dylan Hunt, the Hero of Gene Roddenberry's unsold pilot Genesis II. The Dylan Hunt of both series finds himself hundreds of years in the future, After the End. (This very scant similarity justified the Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda of the title. The series creator had come up with the premise before appropriating the name of the protagonist of Genesis II.)
Tyr Anasazi (Keith Hamilton Cobb)
"I have faith in nothing but this - when the universe collapses and dies, there will be three survivors - Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and Dylan Hunt trying to save the cockroaches."
Tyr, "Belly of the Beast"
- Wild Card: Openly loyal only to himself, and he always plays both sides right up until someone has a clear advantage.
Beka Valentine (Lisa Ryder)
" I could say talks with the fish people are floundering... but that would be wrong."
Beka, "Into The Labyrinth"
- Ace Pilot: The go to gal when tricky slipstream navigation is needed. She's practically the best pilot in the entire series, being the only one to pull of stunts like safely navigating through a minefield of slipstream portals.
- Mama Bear: If she thinks her crew is threatened she'll even stand up to Dylan.
- Space Trucker: All the Maru would count for this, naturally, but she is the captain.
Seamus Harper (Gordon Michael Woolvett)
"Trust in the Harper. The Harper is good."
Rommie (Lexa Doig)
"The idea that the universe is a vast preprogrammed machine does have it's appeal."
Rev Bem (Brent Stait)
"You ask me how this could be God's will? My answer is, how can it not be? The Divine lives in all places."
Rev Bem, "Angel Dark, Demon Bright"
- Badass Preacher: a cleric of the Wayist religion, and one of the few in-universe who actually seems to take it seriously. He's also quite capable of killing his own kind, who only live for war and destruction.
- Token Heroic Orc: Most other species react with fear when the see him, yet he's the most peaceful member of the entire crew.
Trance Gemini (Laura Bertram)
"OK, Trance, you can do this, you know you can. There is a perfect possible future where everything will turn out just fine and the odds of creating that future are only one million, six hundred and seventy-one thousand to one. More or less."
Trance, "The Widening Gyre"
- Genius Loci: Being the avatar of a star. Which means her actor is starring as a star.
- Physical God She's actually the avatar of the Vedran sun and she can go supernova at will, tesseract and see multiple timelines. In fact she was in fact worshipped long ago; which is something she tries very hard to hide
Telemachus Rhade (Steve Bacic)
The Spirit of the Abyss (Robert Saunders)
- Big Bad: The whole series is spent trying to destroy the Abyss
- Demonic Possession: Anyone infected with his isotopes falls to it's control
- Godof Evil: It is worshipped by the Magog, who do it's bidding.