open/close all folders
The middle child of Harry Potter, Albus was the first in his family to be sorted into Slytherin.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Is shunned by many students due to being in Slytherin and considered by some to be the "bad apple" of the Potter family.
- The Chessmaster: Seems to be growing into the role like his namesake. The problem is he tends to try and do this to people far smarter or more informed than he is.
- Dead Guy Junior: To the point that he has some traits of all 3 of his namesakes.
- Like Snape, he is a Slytherin who is a potions prodigy
- Like Dumbledore, he likes to be secretive and plan. He also fights with a Dark Wizard over control of a extremely powerful wand.
- I Work Alone: A lot of the messes he gets into is because he tends to try and do things on his own. They almost never work out the way he hopes.
- His father calls him out on this in Book 6, noting that he had Ron and Hermione to help him and keep him in check. Albus on the other hands, while he has Scorpius and Morrison plans to leave them behind.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Much like his dad, Albus can be a real jerk sometimes, but his heart is usually in the right place.
- The Kirk
- Like Father, Like Son: Just like his dad, Albus usually winds up uncovering a magical mystery of some sort.
- The Unfavorite: Worries about himself being this to the rest of his family. He isn't.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: The Dragonfang Wand injected hundreds of souls into his body. These souls don't know the meaning of collateral damage.
Albus's best friend and a fellow Slytherin. Scorpius seeks to restore honor to the Malfoy family name, as it was tarnished after the defeat of Voldemort.
- The Atoner: Sort of. He carries the burden of improving his family's reputation after their past misdeeds.
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Deadpan Snarker
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: After Lucius Malfoy dies. he has a complete breakdown that leaves him in a quasi-catatonic state
- Love Hurts: Liked Rose since his first year. Doesn't make any attempt to be with her until his fourth year. In his fifth year he attempted to get her boyfriend to break up with her, failed and was caught doing so.
- Shorter Means Smarter: The smallest guy out of Albus's friends and the smartest.
- Take a Third Option: Between the girl he likes and the girl he was just with so he wasn't alone. He choose neither.
- The Smart Guy
- The Spock
Al's other best friend and the first major OC introduced in the story. Though a pureblood, he never knew about Hogwarts as he spent much of his childhood in America before turning 11.
- Big Eater: Most of the time, Morrison can be found eating, trying to find something to eat, or thinking about eating.
- The Big Guy
- The Heart: It's up in the air between who is more emotional between Morrison and Albus, but Morrison is the one of the trio who is the most open about what he feels.
- Inept Mage: Not one for schoolwork, and decided to become the next Groundskeeper at Hogwarts because he had no real ambition to do anything else.
- Averted when it comes to Apparating. He was the first to manage apparation and put it to effective use very quickly: During a Dark Alliance raid on the Hogwarts Express, Morrison used his tall stature to pick up children, Apparate to saftey and return to get more.
- The McCoy
Essentially the female lead of the story. She's from Gryffindor and Rose's best friend.
Ron and Hermione's daughter.
James Sirius Potter
Albus's older brother by two years and a member of Gryffindor.
A Gryffindor in Albus's year, and one of his main rivals.
- Expy: In many ways, he is similar to Cormac McLaggen, a Jerk Jock Gryffindor from Harry's days at Hogwarts.
- Composite Character: Basically a mix of Draco Malfoy and McLaggen.
- Break the Haughty: After saving his life during the Battle of Hogsmeade, Eckley for the most part lets go of his unnecessary animosity towards Albus, and the Slytherins in general. While none involved are friends, Albus and Eckley have grown out of their outright hostility.
- Jerk Jock
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his dislike of Albus and other Slytherins, he does seem to genuinely care about Rose and Mirra.
- Smug Snake
Headmaster Reginald Ares
The relatively new Headmaster of Hogwarts who took over after McGonogal retired. Very mysterious and a former Auror and the Big Bad of the series.
- Alas, Poor Villain
- Big Bad: Turns out that he's not.
- Deceptive Disciple: Was once Harry's apprentice Auror and eventual partner, but always had other plans.
- Death Equals Redemption: When he speaks with Albus through the Foulest Book, he is regretful over the consequences of finding Darvy and helps Albus out the best he can
- Disc One Final Boss
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He may have been the Disc One Final Boss, but he really did love his brother. Even as Darvy undermined him at every turn, causing all kinds of hell and generally being a counterproductive ass, Ares kept him around because he was the only family he had left.
- Evil Mentor
- In the seventh book, via the Foulest Book, he is much more of a straightforward Mentor and provides Albus with valuable information
- Knight Templar
- Mysterious Past
- Red Baron: "Red War" was what the press dubbed him during his Auror days.
- Utopia Justifies the Means
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He wants to reform the Wizarding World to put an end to all forms of crimes.
Professor Sebastian Darvy
The new Potions Professor, head of Slytherin House, and Albus's favorite Teacher. However, in reality he is Ares's brother and Second-In-Command, until he killed his him for the Dragonfang Wand, taking control for himself.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Very messy and disorganized.
- Big Bad: After he murdered his own brother.
- Broken Pedestal: To Albus
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cool Teacher
- Dragged Off to Hell: His ultimate fate.
- The Dragon
- Evil Mentor
- Necromancer: Thanks to the Dragonfang Wand, his weak magic abilities are enhanced, allowing him to summon an army of undead monsters.
- Psychopathic Manchild: At the end of the day, Darvy is this. His entire motivation in helping Ares was because he wanted power and recognition, even though he resented his brother for having a better life. He wanted the respect he felt he deserved from life but when he saw his position as Ares "potion maker", he decided if he couldn't get respect he would instead have obedience. He completely ignored or downplayed the fact that as a professor that many students loved, he had the respect he wanted.
- The Starscream
- Villainous Breakdown: Near the end of the book after Albus refuses to kill him he completely loses it
Professor Sancticus Fairhart
The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for Albus's 3rd year. He is a powerful Auror and a friend of Harry's.
- Cool Teacher
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Scars Are Forever: Justified as Scars made from curses never heal.
- Multiple-Choice Past: He gives a different story on how he got his scars every time someone asks, ranging from an accident with fire to trying to curse pimples off. In truth, they're from Fango Wilde.
- Mysterious Past: We know even less about his past than we do about Ares.
- We never learn the full details, but it seems to involve some sort of Love Triangle between him, Samantha, and Fango Wilde, with claims of an abusive relationship thrown in
Professor Ida Blackwood
The Potions Professor who replaces Darvy in book 4 and a member of Wands And Redemption, a Renegade Wizard group.
- Defector from Decadence Once she leaves WAR.
- Hot Teacher: If she weren't so mean, most would consider her one.
- Hot Witch
- Morality Pet: Albus becomes this to her after Fairhart tampers with her mind at her own request. Fairhart made it so that she must protect Albus and when thinking of Albus, she thinks of Fairhart.
- Any child growing up without a parent. In a one-shot, it is shown that she spares Draco Malfoy because he has a young son, likely because she didn't want Scorpius to have to endure the traumas she did
- Revenge by Proxy: Lucius Malfoy was one of the Death Eaters who killed her parents, so she takes it out on Scorpius by giving him failing grades for any less-than-perfect work.
The leader of Wands And Redemption, or WAR for short.
- Chess Motifs
- Evil Redhead: Sorta.
- A Glass of Chianti
- Knight Templar
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Non-Action Guy: Averted in the final battle, he even lampshades it only for him to die shortly after.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
A former employee of the Ministry who leaked information to Ares and Darvy.