Fanfic: Albus Potter Series
The Albus Potter Series
is a series of Harry Potter
fanfics by Vekin87
. Taking place 19 years after the main series, it picks up where the 7th books epilogue begins as it follows the adventures of Albus Severus Potter after he is put into Slytherin House. What makes this fanfic particularly unique is the fact that the author has released full complete books for the 7 years at Hogwarts as well as the author's ability to emulate Rowling's style.
Aiding Albus in his adventures are new friends Morrison Vincent and Scorpius Malfoy, fellow Slytherin students, Mirra Tunnels of Gryffindor as well as his cousin Rose Weasley.
The completed series is:
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Played with - unlike during his father's schooltime adventures, where adults were often legitimately incapacitated, useless or just plain unable to help, Albus feels this way about the adults in his life (sometimes for fairly petty reasons) yet often merely lacks the patience to accept help in the first place. As a result, he tends to try to solve problems all on his own, with sometimes negative consequences.
- Apologetic Attacker: Scorpius and Morrison while dueling Harry Potter.
- Artifact of Doom: The Dragon Fang Wand
- Amplifier Artifact: Powers include: unlock a one's full potential, summoning an army of the dead, and picking a master whom it will not allow to kill.
- The Atoner: The Malfoy family is an example of this. Scorpius's mother all but told him he must become top of his class and work to find his place in the world because his name sure won't help him.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Albus describes Scorpius as this, but whether he is or not is up to debate.
- Big Eater: Morrison, one of Albus's best friends.
- Call Back: To many of Harry's adventures from the series, which Albus almost never realizes the significance of.
- Cool Teacher: Neville Longbottom, and later Draco Malfoy
- Cowardly Lion: Albus, at least in the first book.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Sebastian Darvy screws over Albus so that he can join his half-brother, only to screw him over two years later. Also Fango Wilde who basically switches sides whenever it's advantageous for him
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Albus, to the point that his enemies notice and take advantage.
- Deadpan Snarker: Scorpius Malfoy does this a lot.
- Death Equals Redemption: Lucius Malfoy, Warren Waddelesworth
- Five-Man Band: Somewhat, among Albus and his closest friends.
- Generation Xerox: Several of the kids have many of the previous generation's personality traits, but usually mixed and matched a bit.
- Gray and Grey Morality: More so than the original Harry Potter novels.
- Heel-Face Turn Lucius Malfoy, for all his past flaws, dies protecting his family and the Potters and Weasleys
- Warren Waddlesworth may not have been a true villain to start with (this is VERY debatable), but it can't be denied that he died to help both Albus and the Wizarding World
- Inept Mage: Albus and his friend Morrison aren't the best at spells, at least at first.
- Averted with Albus, who recieves some training from Fairhart in The Fortress Of Dread, this then becomes a Took a Level in Badass for Albus. However his father does call him out that for all the power he does obtain, they are only offensive spells. He still knows practically nothing of defensive or healing magic.
- Instant Allegiance Artifact: The Dragon Fang Wand causes a shift in morality, making the wielder more likely to kill and fall into the Dark Side, at least according to Harry.
- Insufferable Genius: Scorpius and Rose each have their moments.
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: The Renegades, a group of wizard vigilantes who killed Death Eaters after Second Wizard War. They wound up killing almost as many as the Death Eaters themselves.
- Knight Templar: The Renegades, big time.
- Not Quite Dead: Fairhart, even though his body was not found, every character in the story (except Albus) thinks he is dead, but it turns out that he really wasn't, as he is the titular Silver Wizard in the fifth story of the series, he then sort of kidnaps Albus, trains him to be a better wizard, only to die at the end of the sixth story, making him a character who was Back for the Dead
- Superpowered Evil Side: The Dragonfang Wand has some... interesting side effects on Albus, to put it lightly.
- The Mentor: Harry serves as this a lot obviously, Fairhart later takes this role.
- Took a Level in Badass: Albus, who recieves some training from Fairhart in The Fortress Of Dread.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Albus and bacon. Morrison and fudge.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Albus receives more and more of these as the series goes on, mostly from his family - as his actions tend to alienate them. It hits its worst when he gets Harry fired, (made even worse because Harry is the only person who doesn't try to blame him) at which point he starts taking on shades of The Atoner.
- Wretched Hive: Kakos