Awesome: Dead Rising
- The final boss fight in the game pits photojournalist Frank West against special forces agent Brock Mason on top of a tank surrounded by zombies. The fight begins with Frank running up and punching Brock right in the face and only gets more intense from there.
- The Special Forces may be evil mooks, but they know how to make an entrance.
- In the original Dead Rising, the Convicts are That One Boss for a reason - they drive around in a jeep with a heavy machinegun on the back, they're on a crucial chokepoint dividing most of the mall, and if by some miracle you kill all of them, they respawn the next day, good as new. But in Chop Till You Drop, this is all averted. Granted, the fight is in a Press X to Not Die Quick Time Event, but god-DAMN, does it give Frank Cutscene Power to the Max (and for the Convicts, some well-deserved Cutscene Incompetence)! Grabbing the Survivor they missed on the first pass, the two of you sprint across the park, and each time the Convicts try and take a swing at you, Frank grabs the Survivor and leaps out of the way in the blink of an eye, causing the Convicts to plow headfirst into objects and knock themselves out, allowing you to pick them off one by one: first is Miguel, the guy who brained the Survivor's Love Interest in the cutscene, who gets a well-deserved Karmic Death, by being beaten to death with his own baseball bat. After dodging a burst of fire from Reginald's machinegun, Frank puts him in a sleeper hold before finishing him with a Neck Snap. Finally, Sam, the driver who has been hounding you and the Survivor through this whole episode, revs the car up to pancake you both against a wall, and once again misses, blowing the jeep up along with himself. The Quick Time Event might rub some people the wrong way, but for those who know how much of a PAIN these pricks were in the original, it is Catharsis Factor at its finest.
- Sure, it's a little sad (and a LOT more scary) that Jessie ends up zombified, but the moment she turns leads to an unintentional Crowning Moment of Awesome: a Special Forces soldier has an assault rifle to her head, telling her that she MIGHT stay alive if she agrees to be quiet about the outbreak. Cutting to just outside the room, we see another Special Forces soldier standing guard — only to hear a fight breaking out. As the soldier slowly opens the door, we see zombie Jessie biting into her interrogator's neck, before ripping it out in a shower of blood. This would be just plain horrifying in any other circumstances, but considering the soldier was forcing Jessie to make a Sadistic Choice between her life and her integrity, her "response" in undeath has got to be a pretty awesome way to Take a Third Option.
- In infinite mode, you get to kill Otis as soon as you start. And you get items for it, too!