- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- The White Queen claims to be genuinely in love with Kyousuke, but it's very much uncertain whether this is the case. Though more recent events suggest that she is, just in a Blue and Orange Morality fashion.
- Similarly, Kyousuke's feelings towards the White Queen are unclear. Despite claiming to despise anything and everything to do with her, he still uses the name Alice (with) Rabbit, which was given to him by the Queen. And at one point, he says that "just because the Queen is the strongest is no reason to allow her to kill". The narration points out that this could be interpreted as him wanting to redeem the Queen, by making her no longer want to kill anyone. Additionally, Kyousuke's biological father (who shows a very good understanding of his psychology) states that Kyousuke is motivated by love, not fear.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: The main villain is an invincible monster who has literally conquered the laws of the world. Her individual plans do get foiled, but that's only because she doesn't ever use anything approaching her full power against Kyousuke. On top of that, she derives satisfaction just from being with Kyousuke (even when he's fighting against her), so it's not as if she's ever frustrated over her failures.
- A particular example is the end of Volume 7. Kyousuke has finally managed to do the impossible - destroy the White Queen once and for all, by creating the Colorless Little Girl (an artificial Unexplored-Class designed to counter the Queen). Then the White Queen reappears, and reveals that this was All According to Plan. She had let the Colorless Little Girl defeat her (surviving through unknown means), because the act of doing so would warp the Girl into an even greater threat to the world. And the only way for Kyousuke to oppose the Girl... would be to work with the White Queen, meaning that she has finally achieved what she wanted all along.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Despite being the Big Bad of the series, the White Queen is very popular among fans.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In-universe, Kyousuke naming his boat "White Queen" proved to be this.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: The White Queen being the Big Bad and in love with Kyousuke is revealed in the middle of Volume 1, and isn't hidden at all in later volumes.
- Like You Would Really Do It: You didn't really think the White Queen would die in Volume 7, did you? Of course she doesn't. Barely a chapter later, she's back, seemingly no worse for wear, and reveals that it was all part of her plan.
- One-Scene Wonder: Currently, the three Unexplored-Class that oversee the three summoner factions have made one appearance each except for the Spirit of the Fluttering Yellow Gills Who Rules the Heavens, who technically makes multiple appearances.
- Paranoia Fuel: In this setting, anything supernatural fades from the memories of normal people once it's out of sight. And during a summoning ceremony, summoners and vessels also become invisible to electronic means of detection. A rogue summoner could do almost anything they wanted with little to no chance of consequences.
- Too Cool to Live: Madam Professor was one of the more moral characters in the series, and the highest-Award summoner ever. But starting from the first time she's mentioned, it's clear that she's a Posthumous Character.
- The Woobie:
- Kyousuke was raised as an emotionless Tyke-Bomb, intended to fulfill whatever was required of him. After befriending the White Queen and managing to get some semblance of a normal life, all of it was ripped away: his friends and caretakers either betrayed him or died, while the White Queen turned evil and became his greatest nemesis.
- As it turns out, the White Queen as well. When first summoned by Kyousuke, she was childishly innocent and easily swore a promise with him to never hurt anyone. But others wanted her incredible power, so decided to exploit her feelings for Kyousuke. Multiple people pretended to be Kyousuke to win her over (creating copies of her in the process). When Kyousuke intervened, the copies were all confused and fought each other to the death, forcing her (the sole survivor) to break her promise. And when an army of powerful summoners and soldiers attacked her, to protect Kyousuke, she had to break her promise even further and slaughter them all.
YMMV / The Unexplored Summon://Blood-Sign