- Base-Breaking Character: Shichi. He's loved for his cuteness and brotherly love towards Maruchi. He's hated for his constantly-running mouth and serving no other purpose than to be the local Motor Mouth.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Surprisingly, a lot of people like Maruchi for his jerkassery as opposed to hating him for it.
- Genre Turning Point: Cali very specifically stated that the eleventh arc will be the beginning of some game-changing chapters. She didn't lie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: That scene with a five-year-old Maruchi harrassing Akemi to play with him? Yeah. That's a full-grown adult man acting like that in public. Consciously.
- Ho Yay: A lot of chapter 11-3. The chapter features, as the author puts it so nicely, "Rokuro getting his topless self looked at and touched by two older men."
YMMV / The Magic For Idiots