- Angst? What Angst?: Mostly in Ash's case - he has his moments, but otherwise is quite good at controlling his emotions. Many other characters do have emotional baggage as well, and they're not quite as good at keeping it in check as he is - especially Sabrina.
- Fridge Horror: Tommy's Kanghaskhan mother, World-Burning Mother has no mention of having a Kanghaskhan child and notably keeps Tommy in her pouch. In many stories of real-life Interspecies Adoption, animal mothers take in orphans when their young offspring die. The Safari Zone Rangers know who Tommy is and put in a ton of effort to hide him from his biological parents and to groom Tommy. So its not a stretch for them to have killed World-Burning Mother's child so she would take in Tommy.
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: Professor Oak fighting Jessie and James in hand-to-hand combat. Using mantis-style kung fu.
- I Knew It!: Many of reviewers figured out that Elle is Jessiebell.
- Jossed: The theory that Bulbasaur had a previous trainer in Orre was Jossed by ConstructiveWriter, who noted in an author's note that Bulbasaur did not had a previous trainer. Bulbasaur has merely spent a large amount of time there and has had to deal with the kinds of people who live there.
- Moral Event Horizon: Hikaru Buckak is introduced in a scene which reveals his unfortunate childhood. His father, a former Rocket agent, died during the Great War (during the battle of Saffron City), and his mother lost the will to live regardless of the small child she should be raising. When she died, he was raised among Team Rocket, and over time grew to despise Pokemon, the League, and everything the League stood for. This initially makes him somewhat sympathetic to the readers despite his allegiance... And then he proceeds to Mind Rape Sabrina, getting her to torture and murder her colleagues and loved ones, as well as betray the very City she has sworn herself protector of. By the end of the Saffron City Arc, the fact that the League is partially responsible for creating men like him is no longer the point - you've lost most (if not all) sympathy for him and want him to pay dearly for his crimes, because the Freudian Excuse just doesn't cut it anymore. So far, he is a Karma Houdini.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: The one flaw this story has is the occassional mispelling.
- YMMV on that claim
YMMV / Symbiosis