- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The franchise is Australian-made, but its popularity is massive in the United States. Exclusive figures, a live show, and even a pop-up cafe have shown up in America thanks to the popularity.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Series 1 Limited Edition Shopkin Tin'a'Tuna was given fish-like features over the humanoid ones. Fast forwards to Series 4, and now Petkins are a thing, which include fish-like ones as well.
- Moe: The Shoppies, due to their animesque looks and personalities in the DVDs.
- Periphery Demographic: It's a franchise for little girls, but a sizable chunk of fans are grown and/or male.
- Uncanny Valley: Many of the cosmetic Shopkins look really off.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: All the Shopkins have eyelashes, and, paired with gender-neutral names on some and flip-flopping bio pronouns on others, can make it tricky to keep track of the genders of some. Toasty Pop and Poppy Corn have this issue especially.
YMMV / Shopkins