- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The show was on during the 1980s, but the premise is sadly still a reality today.
- Growing the Beard: The show found its niche in the second season when it removed most of the cliches (see My Name is Not Durwood) and had Steele go from comic relief to legitimate character, as well as adding Mildred Krebs to replace Murphy and Bernice, who many felt were a little stiff.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In season one, episode fourteen, "Hearts of Steele", Steele attempts to solve a case by referencing The Thomas Crown Affair (1968). Pierce Brosnan starred in The Thomas Crown Affair (1999).
- More Popular Replacement: Mildred was much better received than any of the two characters she came to replace.
- Seasonal Rot: Most fans would like to forget the final season happened.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The season 2 double episode opener "Steele Away with Me" features extended action sequences with music obviously based on the James Bond theme, as well as the theme song from From Russia with Love.
YMMV / Remington Steele