- Awesome Music: In case there was any doubt that snowboarding is awesome, Rick Rambis shredding the mountain black diamonds want to be when they grow up as "Anytime" by Eve 6 plays should drive the point home.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The film has a number of scenes which do nothing to advance the plot, and serve no purpose other than getting laughs.
- Cult Classic: This film has a small, but dedicated fan base who consider it to be one of the best comedies of 2001.
- Fridge Logic: How does Barry pilot a plane when he has no use of his legs? He can't work the rudder pedals, which also steer the nosewheel on the ground and control the wheelbrakes. Presumably he could have had something customized if he had the money to spend on it, which he might have, seeing as he's a doctor.
- Retroactive Recognition: Playing Lance and Stumpy, respectively, are David Denman and David Koechner, who would go on to be better known, respectively, as Roy Anderson and Todd Packer from The Office.
- And, of course, Luke is played by Zach Galifianakis, who would later become very famous after starring in The Hangover.
- Special Effects Failure: When Jenny flashes her bra at Pig-Pen during the King of the Mountain competition, it's very obvious that a body double (who has at least two cup sizes on Jenny) was used.
YMMV / Out Cold