- Awesome Music: Pretty much all of it.
- Falling Slowly deserves its own mention, because it won an Oscar.
- As does When Your Mind's Made Up, especially in the Broadway version. The Uncommon Time alone is enough to give it a mention.
- Ear Worm: As hilariously bad as it is, you gotta admit, the song "Abandoned in Bandon" from the stage version is pretty damn catchy.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Try watching this film after listening to The Swell Season's Strict Joy, about the end of Hansard and Irglova's real life romantic relationship.
- Also the documentary The Swell Season, where we literally get to watch their relationship disintegrating.
- Heartwarming Moments: The entire movie.
- Meta example with how the Guy is constantly questioning whether his music is good enough and one of his songs ends up winning an Oscar.
- Another meta example from the Oscars ceremony: when they won best song, Marketa was unable to give her speech because the orchestra cut her off. Before the night ended, host Jon Stewart brought her back on to finish her acceptance speech.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: John Travolta was the presenter for the "Falling Slowly" Oscar, and, unlike the "Adele Dazeem" incident, he had no trouble at all pronouncing Markéta Irglová's name.
- Moment of Awesome: Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglova's Oscar acceptance speeches (and Jon Stewart letting Markéta come and speak later in the night).
YMMV / Once