- Adaptation Displacement: It's probably fair to say more people are familiar with the movie than the book.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: The Jerk-Offs are a particularly fun group.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Norah is very much a hipster, something Kat Dennings' character in 2 Broke Girls despises
- And both of her characters have a blonde best friend named Caroline.
- Retroactive Recognition: Andy Samberg as a homeless man talking about hooking up with a dog.
- Squick: Caroline, after vomiting, drops her gum in the (filthy, New York City bus station) toilet. She then proceeds to fish it out and put it back in her mouth. And that's just the start; the same gum ends up traveling to both Norah's and Nick's mouths at separate points. (Neither of them knows it's been in a toilet, but they do know it's been in someone else's mouth, which is gross enough as it is.)
- The Woobie: While their romantic dilemmas are partly of their own making, the titular couple can be considered candidates for partial Woobie status (at least until the final third of the film). Their respective exes are simply that awful.
YMMV / Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist