Andrew David "Andy" Samberg (born August 18, 1978 in Berkeley, California) is an American actor, comedian, musician, and writer.
He's perhaps best known for his seven years as a cast member and writer on Saturday Night Live, where he created (and often starred in) the SNL Digital Short series of pre-taped sketchesnote , as opposed to filmed live on-set (though he does appear in the live sketches, mostly in supporting roles). During this era of his career, he also headlined the 2007 comedy Hot Rod and co-starred in I Love You, Man opposite Paul Rudd and Jason Segel.
Upon his departure from SNL in 2012, he appeared in the films That's My Boy opposite Adam Sandler, and Celeste And Jesse Forever with Rashida Jones, as well as the Hotel Transylvania series. He also co-starred in the first season of The BBC sitcom Cuckoo.
In addition to his acting and writing, he's also one-third of musical parody group The Lonely Island, who often appeared with him in SNL Digital Shorts. They've released four albums to date, and released the mockumentary film Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping in 2016.
Discography (with The Lonely Island):
- Incredibad (2009)
- Turtleneck & Chain (2011)
- The Wack Album (2013)
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)
- Saturday Night Live (2005 — 2012) as himself / various characters
- Hot Rod (2007) as Rod Kimble
- I Love You, Man (2009) as Robbie Klaven
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) as Brent McHale (voice)
- Celeste And Jesse Forever (2012) as Jesse Abrams
- Hotel Transylvania (2012) as Jonathan Loughran (voice)
- Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015)
- That's My Boy (2012) as Todd Peterson / Han Solo Berger
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013 — present) as Jake Peralta
- 7 Days in Hell (2015) as Aaron Williams
- Tour De Pharmacy (2017) as Marty Hass
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016) as Connor4Real
- Storks (2016) as Junior
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance as SkekGra the Heretic
- Palm Springs (2020) as Nyles.