- Jerkass Woobie: Paul Maddens. His girlfriend Jennifer left him at Christmas and his previous attempt at directing the school's nativity play received a toxic review from the critic Patrick Burns.
- Moe: The St. Bernadette's students and the Oakmoor students too when Gordon Shakespeare isn't pushing them around.
- Lauren Shepherd in the second sequel.
- Doru in Nativity Rocks!.
- Shout-Out: Pam Ferris plays the Headmistress, albeit one who doesn't hate children (Film/Matilda).
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Desmond Poppy in the first film. While it is treated as a sad moment when Mrs Bevan fires him and Maddens lays into him with "The Reason You Suck" Speech, every word both characters say to him is completely true- Baring in mind that he only got the position of teaching assistant out of nepotism and blowing the story about the Hollywood production company out of proportion, he also encouraged a "rumble" between Primary School Children and grown men, he essentially kidnapped two children, making Maddens take them to Hollywood with him, without telling either the head mistress or their parents, even forged permission papers. The rest of the school has every reason to be angry at his irresponsible behaviour.
YMMV / Nativity!