- Base-Breaking Character: Mecha-Naruto. Either it's a pointless, unoriginal, waste of a character slot, or it's an interesting/awesome character with the only Double Awakening shown so far, or nobody cares about it because it doesn't have any main story involvement.
- Broken Base: The mode where four characters are fighting each other, only being exclusive to the single player Special Tournament. Some say it makes the whole mode a waste, while others dread to imagine how much lag the online would have in this mode. Plus the whole battle would be filled with cinematics.
- Sasuke's new tilt involves shooting several blade like weapons from his Susanoo. The problem is that they are super accurate and deal massive damage. In addition to that, they are cheap to use and effectively trap the enemy in place for him to use again which makes Online Battles a nightmare.
- Danzo's new Awakening action, the Reverse Tetragram Sealing, is a one. Hit. KO. If the move hits, then the opponent is done, even at full health. You'd think a move this powerful has some sort of great drawback right? Wrong. The only drawback is that, if the attack misses, then Danzo will lose a substitute (if the player is out of substitute, he dies on the spot, though). There's nothing stopping a player from using a OHKO move, over, and over again. What makes it worse is that certain Awakenings, mainly Obito's Ten-Tails, Madara's perfect Susanoo, and Hashirama's Wood Release: True Several Thousand Hands, can't move effectively to avoid it.
- Madara's new Ultimate Jutsu is one of the most broken in the game. It hits full screen, partially homes in contact with any part of the wood dragon counts as a hit, and Madara cannot be hit out of it. If he is hit or substitutes out during the opening animation, the dragon still launches and the jutsu occurs. This means that if the opponent is doing anything other than blocking, he can count on getting hit.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The game's stock title is Revolution, and was released the same week as Chapter 692 of the manga, where Sasuke declares his intent to murder the Five Kage and cause a revolution.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: There have been rumblings over the new combat system, which splits the characters into Awakening, Ultimate Jutsu, and Support Drive.
- Unexpected Character: Mecha-Naruto, Shisui Uchiha (Itachis best friend), Kushina Uzumaki, Nine-Tails Chakra Mode Minato, Konohamaru, and Iruka.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Naruto's attempt to rescue Mecha-Naruto from its self-destruction evokes the manga aesthetics. What makes the final moment brilliant is all rendered in-game as opposed to CGI video to the point the entire scene looks exactly like hand-drawn.
YMMV / Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution