- Awesome Music: Though of course you can't hear it in the comic, Winter uses the song Girly to get past a two headed gate guard.
- Ending Fatigue: Otra and Winter swapping roles just before the final showdown pretty much won the battle before it even started. And yet it kept going...
- Fridge Brilliance: Is he Officer Gets-killed, or Officer Get-skilled?
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The whole comic, as literally everything the duo went through was planned out to turn Otra into the villains' new leader.
- Subverted: It turns out that the villain's claim that she was manipulating Otra from the start was exactly as implausible as it sounded, and that Otra was brain-washed into going along with the lie for the sake of trolling Winter. The villain then tries the same trick, claiming to have been Otra's mother all along. This time, the girls ain't buyin' it.
- Ho Yay: Aside from the main two characters, there's tons.
- More Popular Spinoff: Than its parent CuteWendy.
- Sequel Displacement: Of Cute-Wendy.
- Tear Jerker: Particularly jarring for the series, even given the darker nature of the current arc.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: A number of readers weren't too fond of the gradual artstyle shift away from the Animesque style used by the first hundred strips to a messier one reminiscent of The Ren & Stimpy Show.
- Unfortunate Implications: When Chuy/El Chupacabre first appears, before Characterisation Marches On, he seems less like a person who makes all woman fawn at him uncontrollably... and more like a serial rapist. Not helped by the title of the page using "attack" next to the victim. This didn't go unnoticed.
YMMV / Girly