- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
- The scientists are attacked by a werewolf at the start of the movie. The fishman and Frankenstein's monster are at least scientific experiments, but the werewolf is never explained or acknowledged again.
- Frankenstein's monster crashes a strip club attended by Lloyd Kaufman and Ron Jeremy. None of this has any relevance to the plot.
- Fetish Retardant: Winckler probably thought the model photoshoot and the stripclub scene were the hottest shit EVER, but they're shot so creepy and leery and the scenes themselves are so shamelessly token that you just feel like you need to take a shower.
- Fight Scene Failure: The fights between Frankenstein and the Fishman are HORRENDOUS. Virtually none of their attacks actually connect, the camera is ridiculously shaky, and the Fishman is felled by a single shove despite previously no-selling everything Frankenstein does. Also, the final battle constantly switches between night and day.
- Fridge Logic: Frankenstein and the Fishman's bodies disappear between dying and becoming ghosts. So how was Frankenstein buried and dug up in the first place?!
- I Am Not Shazam: Not in the movie itself, but the title calls Frankenstein's monster just Frankenstein, even though Dr. Frankenstein himself is ALSO in the movie.
- Idiot Plot:
- Bringing Frankenstein's monster back from the dead and programming him into a killing machine, after that already went wrong with the fishman, might not be a smart idea.
- The scientists' homebase is right by the ocean, and they are SHOCKED that the fishman they create escapes into it.
- If Bill's boss wasn't so insistent on shooting at that specific beach despite Bill's warnings, they wouldn't have been roped into the whole thing.
- Retroactive Recognition: Beula, the model who gets killed during her photoshoot on the beach, is played by future Butcher Babies frontwoman Carla Harvey.
- So Bad, It's Good: The movie is so insane and confusing that it is EASILY riffable. Get some mates together and it's an amazing time.
- Special Effects Failure:
- The surfer dudes' "blood" is blatantly chocolate syrup.
- The secret lab that the scientists work in is obviously a high school chemistry classroom.
- The werewolf suit looks like a cross between Bigfoot and the Jim Carrey Grinch.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: To the movie's credit, the monster makeup and Salisbury's scars are pretty good.
YMMV / Frankenstein Vs The Creature From Blood Cove