- Canon Defilement: In a case of major Character Shilling, pretty much every Saiyan who is alive in the game achieved Super Saiyan 3 at some point. While this is presumably because SSJ3 is the strongest Super Saiyan form that can be attained through normal training (i.e., excluding Super Saiyan 4 and the God transformations), it does clash with the anime (especially Super) emphasizing how ineffecient and stamina-intensive the form actually is. It's clear that Rule of Cool is in full effect, here.
- Earworm: The theme songs are pretty freaking catchy, with special mention to the God Missions.
- Evil Is Sexy: Towa, and with her different designs.
- MST3K Mantra: The game, like Dragon Ball Xenoverse or all the pre-Battle of Gods movies, must not be taken seriously.
- One True Pairing: Beat and Note naturally for a large portion of the fandom.
- Spiritual Adaptation: With the huge amount of What ifs, and a huge focus on Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Heroes can be considered the closest version to Dragon Ball AF, the long-rumored sequel of GT that involved a lot of crazy ideas that involve past Saiyans getting Super Saiyan transformations, adult Gotenks, among others. Heck, Mira's final form looks downright identical to what the rumored Super Saiyan 5 looked like. The only thing missing is Super Saiyan Pan.
- Unexpected Character: Many of the movie and game mooks, who are making their first playable appearance in this very game!
- Also Mix, Mike, Z and Jaco.
- And the numerous what-if transformations.
- Any character originally from Dragon Ball Online.
- Putine and Gravy, the game's first original characters aside from the avatars.
- Followed by Mechikabura, Salsa, Shroom and the various Demon Realm Soldiers.
- Luffy and Tesoro from One Piece.
- Bulma and Zeno, being the first Special Type (SP) characters.
- Joined soon after by Gine, Bardock's wife and the mother of Goku and Raditz.
- Of all people, Raditz jumping straight to SSJ3. And then he was joined by Nappa.
- After being an assist character for years, Arale finally gets to join the battle, albiet with SSJB Goku.
- The rest of the Gods of Destruction being revealed all at once for Mission 5!
- Xeno Slug's Super Great Namekian transformation, which makes him even bigger than normal and give him energy hair!
- The Grand Priest being added as a playable character in Mission 6.
- Time Patrol Vegetto using Super Kaioken, a form even Goku doesn't have in Heroes yet!
- Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x20 Goku, the first Kaioken multiplier to be added to the game!
- Super Saiyan 4 Broly, Super Saiyan 4 Gohan and Super Saiyan 4 Bardock
- Majin Ozotto from the old VRVS arcade game returning after 20-odd years!
YMMV / Dragon Ball Heroes