- Author's Saving Throw: Apparently, putting Sarah Sutton in a "McDonald's waitress" outfit was because people had complained that they weren't showing her legs. Yeah.
- Even Better Sequel: There are few fans who only like one of this and its predecessor, "Kinda", but it's not uncommon for them to judge this to be the better of the two.
- Les Yay: Nyssa's gentle fretting and care for Tegan edges a great deal past mere friendly concern.
- Never Live It Down: Despite being well-regarded amongst fandom and generally considered one of the "deeper" Doctor Who stories, there are a great many people who only know this one from when it appears on "Before They Were Famous"-style clip shows mocking Martin Clunes' costume.
- Retroactive Recognition: Martin Clunes in one of his early television roles as Lon.
- Special Effect Failure: Yeah, that giant rubber snake doesn't look any better than it did in "Kinda".
- WTH, Costuming Department?: Sarah Sutton and Janet Fielding disliked their costumes, with Sutton going so far as to say it made her look fat. Peter Davison says on the DVD Commentary that it looks worse than Colin Baker's costume.
YMMV / Doctor Who S20 E2 "Snakedance"