- Cargo Ship: Dewey really seems to love the Problem Stick, even refering to it as "her" at times.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- The film became harder to watch after Hurricane Sandy hit New York and caused tons of damage along with rampant flooding in many places, including the Hudson Tunnel.
- The fact that a film with civilians and a first responder in New York City getting crushed or buried alive by collapsing rubble closes with a shot of the World Trade Center is fairly uncomfortable, too.
- In 1999, just three years after the movie came out, the Mont Blanc disaster happened in an eerily similar way to the movie.
- Retroactive Recognition: Viggo Mortensen would have to wait a couple of years before his big break as Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings.
- The Woobie: Poor Leaf.
- Woolseyism: In the Spanish version of the film, a person is heard saying "Shit!" during the explosion scene, as opposed to the original's "Jesus Christ!".
YMMV / Daylight