- Don't Shoot the Message: The episode gives us a bizarre instance of one of its messages being shot by another of its messages. Avon comments that the ultimate outcome of a full-on War of the Sexes will very likely both ending up losers, which seems valid enough. When considering what the episode says elsewhere, however, it's clear that the writer isn't arguing that men and women are better off working together for the common good, so much as proclaiming that women are inherently inferior to men, and that their efforts to resist this "truth" just make life inconvenient for everybody.
- Fridge Brilliance
- Soolin is missing for most of the episode because she's waiting outside the danger zone to see if Xenon Base implodes. Dorian wouldn't have given her the codeword to deactivate the Self-Destruct Mechanism as an insurance against Soolin turning against him (she's a hired killer, after all).
- The Battle of the Sexes may have been started by the Council of Survivors deciding to destroy all technology and start over. This would have forced women back into traditional roles that technology had made redundant.
- Fridge Logic: If the Hommiks reject technology and the Seska embrace it, why don't the latter resort to Five Rounds Rapid to fend off their crossbow and sword-wielding opponents? Pella is shown with a handgun, so it's not like weapons are strange to them. They could have bartered them from Dorian if nothing else. In fact a bit of mercenary work from Soolin could have wiped out the Hommik base and advanced the cause of Women's Liberation at the same time.
- Narm: Avon fending off Pella's psychic powers. "Ohh Pella, it hurts."
- Values Dissonance: This episode would have been a lot better received when the Womens Liberation movement was more radical, and popular British newspapers were complaining of the emasculation of men.
- Values Resonance: The operation to remove the Seska's power crystal now seems like female circumcision, though it was probably meant to suggest Virgin Power at the time.
YMMV / Blakes Seven S 4 E 2 Power