- Critical Dissonance: Frequently lambasted by critics, but fans consider it to be among the best Barbie movies, partly because it was one of the first. It also managed to sell 3.4 million copies in DVD sales.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Major Mint and Captain Candy. The former due to being a badass with a funny accent and the latter due to being a Token Minority. Both also have an enjoyable Straight Man and Wise Guy dynamic.
- Evil Is Cool: The Mouse King is one of the most memorably awesome Barbie villains for his cool design, powers, and weapons, and being voiced by Tim Curry.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Mouse King's Dragon decides to leave Clara on the island when he realizes she isn't with the others since there's no way off "unless she's part mermaid." Nine years later...
- Uncanny Valley: The CGI is from 2001, and it shows.
- Almost every character suffers from some rather bizarre facial expressions.
- While all of the characters look mildly uncanny, the Mouse King suffers this the most due to the model's age and his oddly human-like motions.
YMMV / Barbie in the Nutcracker