- Iron Woobie:
- Arturia , oh so very much. She has suffered and lossed quite alot by the time she arrives at Thedas. It has gotten to the point that she briefly compliments letting herself her hanged if it actually comes to that. Emphasis on briefly, as she chooses to keep going despite all the pain she's in.
- Leliana. She lost her Parental Substitute to the explosion at a peace talk that was intended to end the war currently raging across Thedas, killing everyone who attended said Conclave and is in an VERY fragile state of Crisis of Faith as a result, to the point that she's openingly questioning the kind of person she is...and somehow manages to channel all of this inner and outer suffering into her position for the Inquisition.
- Stoic Woobie:
- Arturia Pendragon. It is made crystal clear to readers that her experiences have made her an VERY damaged person, and yet, very little of said scars can be seen on the outside as Arturia goes on her journey.
- Cassandra Pentaghast also counts as she's lost her lover to the Conclave explosion, which also included the woman she was sworn to protect with her own life. Note that very rarely does she let any of this emotional turmoil ever spill over into her work.
- Wangst: Before managing to close the Breach, Arturia spends her time either fighting or wallowing in self-pity. This doesn't completely disappear even afterwards.
YMMV / A Knight's Tale as Inquisitor