SuperNews is a recurring sketch comedy that aired on Current TV from 2005 until 2010. It was expanded to a half hour show, featuring recurring characters such as the cast of The Hills, politicians, anthropomorphic representations of MySpace, Friendster, and Facebook and the Hipsters in Space.
- Catchphrase: "LAME!" and "RAD!" for the hipsters.
- Fan Hater: Invoked with The Hipsters
- Hartman Hips: Most of the women fulfill this trope, if they aren't Impossible Hourglass Figure, or Rosie O'Donnell and Paris Hilton.
- Only Sane Man: Obama in one sketch with his Cabinet.
Rambo: (While a battle between US troops and Blackwater is fought right outside the White House) "WHY CAN'T WE'VE A RATIONAL DISCUSSION IN THIS COUNTRY!!!"
- Hipster Bot also counts...when he's out of drugs, that is.
- Ironically, John Rambo in "Rambo vs Terror"
Brian Williams: Wise words. But most people already changed channels to watch a rerun of My Name Is Earl.
- And also ironically, Mike Gravel ends up being this in "The First Democratic Debate" despite being the most crazy-acting of all the candidates, when he calls the debate a "boondoggle" and says it's pointless because no one's really talking about anything of any importance. The others however steal his thunder when they say that doesn't matter, because it's only the first debate and no one's watching.
- Rich Idiot With No Day Job
- Strawman Political: Most of the politicians.
- Take That!: Way too many to list.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The fashion episode of Hipsters in Space has Hipster Bot call out the other hipsters on their choices of "rad" fashion which are a homeless man, a prisoner in a totalitarian country, and a starving child. The last one sends him into a rant about how not everyone has the privileged life the hipsters lead, culminating in this gem...Captain Art School: Hipster Bot, did you run out of cocaine again?Hipster Bot: Yeeeeees!Captain Art School: East Village Boy, take us to the Monica's Apartment nebulon.Hipster Bot: Sweeeet!