While on vacation, Porky stops off at a lake to relax and partake of a little painting and fishing. Unfortunately, he finds his serenity disturbed by Daffy, who is just as zany as ever. However, while Daffy drives him nutty with his crazy antics and multiple personas, in the end, it's Porky who gets the last laugh.
Tropes appearing in this cartoon:
- Crazy-Prepared: Daffy asks Porky if he has a fishing license. He does. So Daffy asks if he also has a hunting license, which Porky also does. Then as a test, Daffy asks if he has a license to sell hair tonic to bald eagles in Omaha, Nebraska. Porky does. And in the end, he also has a license to use Daffy as a motor.
- For the Evulz: Daffy has no reason to bother Porky while he's just painting a landscape and not bothering anybody. He seems to just do it because it's fun.
- Hamster-Wheel Power: After Daffy removes the motor from Porky's car, Porky forces him to pedal the crankshaft. When Daffy complains that he's got no right to do that, Porky shows him a license that proves otherwise.
- "I Am" Song: The cartoon opens with Daffy singing a song (to the tune of "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down", the Looney Tunes theme) about how he's, well... daffy.Oh, people call me daffy, they think that I am goony
Ah, just because I'm happy is no sign I'm looney tuney
Oh, when they say I'm nutsy, it sure gives me a pain
Please pass the ketchup, I think it's going to rain
Oh, you can't bounce a meatball, though try with all your might
Turn on the radio, I want to fly a kite
Good evening, friends!
- Laser-Guided Karma: After all the crap Daffy puts him through, Porky eventually gets even in the end.