FunBrain is an edutainment children's website that began in 1992.
There are three sections on the site: "Math Arcade" which contains 25 math games, "Fun Arcade" which contains 25 non-educational games, and "Mom and Kid's Playground" which contains 25 non-educational games for preschoolers. Math Arcade is broken into several grades depending on the age of the player.
FunBrain is the original source of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, which was first published on the site in 2004. In 2007 it was physically published into a novel and since has become a multi-media franchise.
Compare to Poptropica, which is owned by the same company and has a similar art-style.
This website provides examples of:
- Advertisement Game: There is a Froot Loops cereal map on the Fun Arcade which has a few Froot Loops-themed games.
- Alphabet Soup Cans: FunBrain is a website with an "arcade" consisting of 100% alphabet soup cans that let the player, say, perform long division to get a freethrow in basketball, unlock an Egyptian tomb or even drag a dandelion seed onto a flower.
- Edutainment Game: Math Arcade features various math games aimed at the 12-and-under crowd.
- Platform Game: Mighty Guy is about a stick figure platforming through a city.
- Stillborn Serial: The Fun Arcade was never completed. After Mighty Guy 2, you simply go back to the board, but instead of proceeding to the next game, you're simply told it's coming soon!