It's a slice of life comic centering around the exploits of one Evan Li and his friends, all of whom are in their final year at the fictional Rosander University. Evan is a misanthropic art/design major with some serious issues. His best friend Ryan is in the same major, and they share a room. There's a whole cast of supporting and one shot characters as well.
This webcomic is rated T for mild sexual situations, language, and drug use.
The End Of Tropes:
- Ambiguously Gay: Evan. He won't say if he's gay or not, but flashbacks of his only physical relationship with a woman show him REALLY not enjoying himself, although he claims this was due to religious guilt. His friends have started questioning his sexuality due to the failure of said relationship.
- the way his reponse is phrased suggested that he was attempting to say yes in as vague a manner as possible.
- In fairness, his friends are portrayed as immature stoners who think any guy not obsessed with having sex with women is gay.
- Asexuality: Evan. Maybe. Near the beginning of the comic, he claims he doesn't like sex or porn, his reaction to a woman hitting on him in a bar is confused at best, and when Todd says he should get a girlfriend so he won't have to jerk off every day, Evan claims he hasn't fapped in half a month because he gets bored when he tries.
- Art Evolution: The comic started in 2004 and the art has improved steadily since then.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: At one point, Evan gets drunk off a single beer. Probably because he hadn't eaten anything but a stale bagel that day.
- Big Eater: Inverted with Evan, who has trouble finishing even a single bagel and constantly counts calories due to a severe eating disorder.
- Crossover: Evan guest starred in the At Arm's Length story "An Enchanted Walks Into A Bar..."
- Embarrassing Nickname: Ashley calls Evan "Fig", because his middle name is Newton.
- Family Business: Evan's father is a renowned cardiologist, and hoped that Evan would follow in his footsteps. Evan decided to major in art instead.
- Forgets to Eat: Evan, sometimes. But usually it's that he doesn't want to eat.
- A Friend in Need: Todd. Despite Evan blowing him off constantly (because he'd rather not remember High School), he still sticks around to help him out, gives him a ride home when he needs it, and does his best to help Evan with his issues. Ryan could also count to a degree.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ryan seems unconcerned with Evan's problems at first glance, but he's actually worried enough to call up Evan's parents and enlist their assistance in getting him some help.
- Made of Iron: John jumps off a balcony and breaks a table in half when he lands on it, and the worst he ends up with is a sprained wrist.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: The equipment storage room off of the band hall.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Averted. John has trouble uncapping his "dagger" after he injures his wrist. He eventually resorts to using his mouth.
- Otaku: Maynard has a little bit of this in him.
- Must Have Caffeine: Evan. In fact, coffee is the only thing he consumes for nearly 200 strips.
- Serious Business: Assassin, the game frequently played on college campuses around the country. One Character jumps off a balcony to escape being "shot".
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Evan, Ryan, and Maynard to each other.