Rasputin Catamite is a coming-of-age romantic slasher about teenagers, mobsters, and bloodthirsty psychopaths.
This comic provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Shlomo tends to be extremely cruel towards Sasha.
- Black and White Insanity: Irina does absolutely monstrous things in God's name and is convinced that she her insanity is virtuous.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Tsar doesn't seem to be intimidating or belligerent, unlike his boss.
- Cute and Psycho: Irina looks like a porcelain doll, but acts like a standard issue ax murderer.
- High-Class Call Girl: Getter
- Jewish Complaining: Miri, Big Boob Auntie and Shlomo are especially prone to kvetching.
- Mondegreen: What happens when the attendees at the Christmas Eve Concert try to sing in English.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Dima is technically an upir (Russian vampire,) but aside from his bloodlust, super strength and fangs, he seems like a normal hormonal teenager. Sunlight does not affect him.
- Police are Useless: The local police seems completely inept, lazy and/or corrupt.
- Self-Harm: Sasha cuts himself constantly.
- Third-Person Person: Irina speaks like this, both to enhance her cuteness and her overly-inflated ego.
- Those Wacky Nazis: In spite of being reformed, Zoya continually makes incredibly bigoted remarks even though she is technically reformed. Dima slaughtered most of Zoya's skinhead friends after they attacked a gay dance party.