A webcomic about the Anthropomorphic Personification of several periodic elements, hand-drawn and then edited so that it looks less like crap. Some strips are of mundane life in the 3-income household that still manages to have budget problems, and others are about fantastic events that need resolving, presumably with the abilities of the elements. Oh yeah, and there are supposed to be jokes here and there. You can find Periodus here. This comic is part of ComicFury.
Periodus provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Take and No Give: Astatine (giver) and Gold (taker). Neither of them can stand each other, but stay in the household anyway.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: The household only functions because there's rarely more than three or so people in the same room together.
- Castof Personifications: All of the characters are the personifications of periodic elements.
- Cool Shades: Beryllium's oversized shades.
- Functional Magic: The radioactive elements can levitate an amount of weight that increases as their half-life lowers.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Astatine.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Averted with Gold, despite the name, ironically.
- Made of Explodium: A pack of plutonium that was supposed to be used to test a nuclear reactor. Then Plutonium the person shows up, and, well...
- Five-Man Band: Averted. Three of the roles are filled (H = Hero, At = The Chick, V = The Smart Guy), but there is no Lancer or Big Guy.
- Schedule Slip: The creator actually revoked schedule on account of following it extremely poorly.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Vanadium, the nerd, is inexplicably child-size.
- Standardized Leader: Hydrogen, on account of being Element 1.
- Stripperiffic: Astatine, considering she's a hooker.