Millions years ago, long before the rule of the mammals, the planet was dominated by ferocious giant beasts, known as Dinosaurs. For dinosaurs, their focus in life, as dictated by their gods, was battling. Whereas carnivore or herbivore, land, sky or water, dinosaurs revered a code of honor and courage.
The top of these dinosaurs lived on King's Mountain, a haven that was said to be influenced by the gods. These rulers were known as Lords, and they were the strongest and most known dinosaurs around. Volatile, a tyrannosaurus/velociraptor hybrid aims to now join these revered dinosaurs on King's Mountain and become a Dinosaur Lord.
Yet the world is not kind to hybrids, and she needs to face many hardships, both physical and mental. Yet she is set on achieveing this dream.
Dino Lordz is a original Web Comic written and drawn by DeviantArt user HronawmonsTamer, and follows Volatile on her journey to become a Dinosaur Lord, accompanied by a runty yet intelligent Troodon named Raydus. While the comic has been going since 2010, it's on a very irregular update schedule due to real-life issues, and is still only on its second chapter. However, since recently being added to Tapastic, the author says that it may possible pick up soon.
Dino Lordz provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Pretty much every female dinosaur that has been introduced so far. Considering the world they live in, it's not surprising.
- Action Dad: Volatile's parents, Valus and Carin, were both pretty adept fighters. Heck, fighting is actually how they met each other.
- Apologizes a Lot: Raydus. It's unknown if he's like this all the time or if this is just a side-effect of being around Volatile.
- Author Avatar: Volatile is one of the creator, at least to some extent.
- Berserk Button: Volatile really doesn't like being reminded of her reputation.
- Insulting Volatile's parents is also a terrible idea.
- Brains and Brawn: Raydus is brains, and Volatile is brawn.
- Broken Bird: Volatile has not had a happy life, and it shows.
- The Dreaded: It's established pretty early on that Volatile is feared in her home area.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Volatile and Raydus, respectively.
- Meaningful Name: Volatile has a very bad temper.
- Meaningful Rename: Volatile isn't actually her real name. She presumably changed it after killing her pack.
- Non-Action Guy: Raydus, though Word of God claims this will change over time.
- Sir Swearsalot: Volatile.