Professor Shadow is a parody web review show that centers around Professor Jeremiah Shadow, a powerful, godlike entity who talks about movies, internet videos, and video games. He is joined by other characters such as Reviewbot, a modified Gamecube console that Professor Shadow added advanced artificial intelligence to, and Joe, a trigger happy skeleton with a distorted voice and a foul mouth.
Professor Shadow contains examples of:
- Benevolent A.I.: Reviewbot is a loyal friend to Joe and Professor Shadow and is often portrayed as the voice of reason.
- Black Comedy: Most of the humor in the series is edgy and offensive in some way or another.
- "Hello, I'm Professor Shadow."
- "Thanks for watching and have a crappy day!"
- Caustic Critic: Some times they can brutally rip into things when reviewing them such as Breadwinners and Frosty Returns.
- Cool Mask: It's never truly explained if Professor Shadow wears a mask or if the dark hood is actually his face.
- Dem Bones: Joe the Skeleton is a walking and talking skeleton.
- Jerkass: Jeremiah and Joe can be like this, often when in the competitive mindset.
- Jump Scare: At the beginning of his Guardians of the Galaxy video.
- No Indoor Voice: Professor Shadow yells A LOT. Especially when he's really mad.
- Old Master: Despite being an old wizard, Cellwind is able to kill droves of highly trained bodyguards with relative ease.
- Really 700 Years Old: Professor Shadow and the wizard, Cellwind are old, even ancient beings that don't show many hints of old age in their appearance.
- The Alcoholic: Professor Shadow is drunk in the Breadwinners review, however Joe and Reviewbot are rather unfazed implying that this is a regular occurrence.
- Three Laws-Compliant: Averted as Reviewbot has made comments about destroying hospitals because he believes humans to be weak.
- Trigger Happy: Joe is almost never seen without some type of firearm. When he's not shooting like a madman, he's probably still talking about guns in some way or another.