Describe Superprinsen here.
Hoo...boy, where to begin?
Alright, well, Superprinsen (literally The Super Prince) is a Swedish animated comedy webseries about the royal family. It was created in 2010 and premiered on March 25th, starring animated versions of Victoria (No, not that Victoria — the Swedish princess) and her suitor, Daniel Westling, in the events leading up to their wedding.
The thing about the webseries is that the events leading up to their wedding are absolutely insane and (probably) entirely fictional.
The episodes are four-five minutes apiece, and the series consists of ten episodes overall. They are, as of today, available here.
Tropes applying to episodes of Superprinsen are...
- Butt-Monkey: The guard outside the castle, who gets hurt in some way Once an Episode.
- Catchphrase: Daniel Westling's "Don't call me 'weasel'" (which, despite his insistence, everyone calls him anyway), the King's "I have a genial plan" and "To the Bernamobile!" (which is simply a fairly nondescript car), and Prince Karl-Philip's "When I'm king, I'll (X)!"
- Enemy Mime: The first episode has the King explicitly stating his 'unofficial policy'. Cut to a Fauxtivational Poster reading 'I HATE MIMES' with a picture of a mime on it, which has been used as a bullseye for various projectiles.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Subverted with Otto, the King's monkey (who he hired to write speeches), who is also an alcoholic.
- It Makes Sense in Context: A whole lot of the show. Often, it really doesn't.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: An animated Dolph Lundgren appears on a Segway in episode 2, to help Daniel from a giant waffle iron.
- The whole show, really, considering who it's about.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: All of the King's 'genius plans' seems to involve one of these.
- Real-Person Fic: Obviously, considering who it's about. Seems to be set in an Alternate Universe.
- Take That!: The King gets a monkey (It Makes Sense in Context). Karl-Philip promptly states that he wants one too. The Queen says he can't have one.Karl: When I'm king, I'll have a monkey! I'll have thousand monkeys!The Queen: Stop that, Karl, Thousand Monkeys isn't funny...